Chineoh
    Participant
    @chineoh

Hi there,

My name is Willy and I’m really keen on getting my first tattoo. I was thinking of something on my left shoulder / back. I was thinking of getting a tattoo of my heritage, I was born in Australia, have lived in New Zealand for most of my life and have English, Scottish and French heritage. I know it is quite a lot to ask but I was hoping that someone could help me with a design that meshes all of these places where I am from into one, without being too over the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kind regards,

Willy

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

hey there fellow kiwi, you can combine the,rose,thistle and the french emblem the fluer de lise, good luck Hoani

wak
    Participant
    @wak

Wow… a lot to choose from ๐Ÿ™‚

Aotearoa has so much tattoo culture already… I agree with Hoani, perhaps look to your European heritage. You come from a lot of counties there… perhaps a more ‘Northern Hemisphere – or even Celtic/Anglo-Saxon symbolism (yes there were plenty in France too).

Good luck.

Chineoh
    Participant
    @chineoh

Thanks for the helps ๐Ÿ™‚

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Being an American, I know dick all about Australia, save for Kangaroos and drop bears, and my entire knowledge of New Zealand is that Lord of the Rings was filmed there and there’s a sweet tattoo artist Izzy there.

But I do know tattoos. One thing I’ve noticed is that tattoo virgins all too often seem to want to start on their shoulders. Not sure why, maybe because it’s a place you can get it done where no one will ever see it unless you specifically want them to. Whatever the reasons man, I can tell you that starting on your shoulders is a bad idea, unless of course you intend to make your first a full back piece.

See, your back is the single biggest piece of canvas you have on your body, and if you waste it on a small piece, you’re not going to be able to get a BIG one later, and chances are you WILL want to. Tattooing is addictive.

I’d advice you give this piece a start on your bicep.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there, just wanted to respond to knighthawk yeah o.k. nz is middle earth, and Ozzie has solved their problem of the brain drain by importing nzers but, the shoulder is the beginning of your arm from the neck to the fingers any extension or addition can go in this direction, good luck Hoani.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.