Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

I’ve had the rasta guy since i was 16 def one of those regreatable one’s, my artist been talking bout a cover up for a while now and i’ve decided on a japanese sleeve, got a Hanya mask done on the inside of my arm, but now i’m stuck with which way to work in the rasta guy, any ideas would be great…

cheer’s g

?action=view&current=DSC00131.jpg

?action=view&current=DSC00132.jpg

?action=view&current=DSC00130.jpg

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

how do i post pics tried to put some on here n there not there

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

the pics r now in my profile 3 of them

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Nice start on the sleeve.

I will be honest it will not be an easy tattoo to cover as green is an utter bastard to cover over or remove with a laser treatment.

That said you could have the demon of winds covering the rasta.

Basically it is a series of black storm clouds that form into the shape of a leering demon – sort of like a twisted budda.

It is sometimes represented by a forked toungue spewing blood or fire.

Variations have been swords piercing the demon under the chin up through the skull, causing the storm clouds to spill from the split skull.

You could have a samurai in trad battle dress over it.

A dragon would also work quite nicely as you could enhance the green into the scales.

Hope they help as ideas.

Take Care
    Matthew

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

cheer’s for the idea’s was thinking bout a samurai but talking to my artist and he was worried bout having the colour’s coming through the highlihght’s of the cloak i’m liking the idea of the demon of winds going to have to research that see I can come up with

thank’s ya got me thinking

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

finally found out how to post pics these 3 photo’s show my problem

JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

Ha ha. I got the cart before the horse. I was looking at the first pic and thinking, “My God, it’s great, why is he covering that up? I don’t see how it’s rastafari” then I scrolled down. Doh! Sleeve is looking great though!

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Jesus that rasta man is awful. This is why sixteen year olds shouldn’t be allowed to get tattoos!

On the other hand, that demon is as good as the rasta is bad.

Otherwise, just listen to Matthew. He’s right as usual.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly
    KnightHawk;39865 wrote:
    Jesus that rasta man is awful. This is why sixteen year olds shouldn’t be allowed to get tattoos!

On the other hand, that demon is as good as the rasta is bad.

Otherwise, just listen to Matthew. He’s right as usual.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

yeah it prove’s that we dont really know ourself’s at that age i remember thinking that’s exactly what i want, the tattooist tried to talk me out of it but i knew best didnt i lol.

Been looking for design’s on the demon of winds but cant find any would any1 have any so i can get an idea of what it could look like

cheers g

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I was hoping to scan the image I had from a book and realised I still need to get it back from them. 😡
    Because it is mythological to the japanese culture you can see various interpretations.

Some of them look like a leering and twisted budda with horns with a split skull spewing clouds.

I have a few links for modern wind demons as well

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal5193_computer_graphics.asp (modern take on ademon of winds no splt skull though)

http://asianconnection71.com/GodOfWind.jpg

Anyhow hope they help – you can tweak them to fit your tattoo

Take Care
    Matthew

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

cheers the one on the t-shirt is more traditional and more the style i’m after would need darker colour’s but i’m liking it alot think it could be worked in well

thanks for your help going to show them to my artist see what he can draw up

cheer’s g

Heedly
    Participant
    @heedly

Sorry not been on in a while fecking work, have not really had time to get any more work done but have been round discussing design’s for this cover up, started looking at a geisha girl had it drawen on def nice tattoo but the rasta was def going to show through too much went for a dragon next, maybe could have worked well but as i’ve 2 dragon’s on my legs I was looking something a bit different….

After many discussion’s, many beers, few smoke’s we’ve finally decided on a design it’s something really different, bold and strikein i’ve not seen any tatt’s like what it is, I just really hope it work’s on the skin .

I’m going round on wednesday to get it started i’m not telling what it’s going go be i’ll surprise you’s

Wish me luck

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

PMSL sorry but why would a cracker get a rasta tattoo ?

i love the mask , i think you could get a koi to cover the other tattoo .
    a black white and red one would work well .
    check this link out , she is a friend i have gotten to know after she commented on some of my photography and she is brilliant at cover ups……. sadly she is in spain but you will get some ideas of what can be done

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zokete/3398053079/

also check out this for a chuckle

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zokete/577597084/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.