Skyylol
Participant
@skyylol

Hey guys first post here.

Latley I’ve been thinking about getting my first tattoo, not because my friends are (because there not) or because I want to piss my parents off but basically because I need to prove to myself that I’m my own… I guess. Its a lil more personal than that but I’ll get to the point.

Basically what im looking for is my last name going across my shoulders/upper back. I’m about 160 pounds but my shoulders are pretty broad so theres enough room for a good sized piece of art. Ive been looking around the internet for people who have tattoos like this just to see how they layed theirs out and so far the only one that is exactly where i want mine is in the pic. I need something like that just a little less ghetto I guess. My last name is ONeill btw. Probably something just a bit smaller than that. Any designs or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KlH4iJzxar4llM:http://on221.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/khalifa-back2.jpg&t=1%5B/IMG%5D

knarF
Participant
@knarf

You don’t need to justify your decisiong of getting a tattoo to us or anyone else, it’s your body and your desision ultimately.

If you go to a (feel free to look through more than one) tattoo shop with a decent artist they will probably have a range of fonts in their shop to show you that you could pick from or just get inspiration from if you want your own. Describe to him/her what you want, they will draw you up a stensil (normally costs around £10) and then you go back to see if you like it when it’s done and they take it from there.

Designing your tattoo when you haven’t designed it yourself is best discussed with your chosen artist as you will need to discuss it with them anyway and they will often give you advise on what they think will look good and after all, they’re the experts who’ve done this hundreds of times, it’s often worth listening to them.

Skyylol
Participant
@skyylol

So if i get a stencil from an artist that means im obligated to go back to them for the actual tattoo?

tattoo fonts
@

Ive gotten stencil’s from tattoo shops then ended up going to another shop to have my ink done

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.