sevanace
    Participant
    @sevanace

I always wanted a tat that spoke of my love for music ..drumming in particular .I have been playing drums since 1978 …Keith Moon was my idol.. live hard and play hard. My idea is something like a whiskey bottle tipped over on the ground and in in the pool of spilled whiskey a reflection of a full moon.and of course drum sticks should be there somewhere . I’d want it on my calf or arm but I can’t seem to get it all together.Just thinking out loud here…
    Any thoughts,ideas comments???

beatlejohn
    Participant
    @beatlejohn

hi im not a tattoo artist but i draw and paint and im a musician too. (HUGE beatle fan with beatle john tat on my arm playing his rickenbacker) so i totally get the music thing. hope u dont mind me giving a suggestion. yr idea doesnt really seem to say “keith moon” much to me. the idea of the whiskey i get but remember he was a drummer thats what id want to show off more.
    so how about getting his drum kit done and have a full moon rising behind it u could have his kit kinda in the shadow of the moon if u get wat im saying half in light and other in shadow.
    or have just his kick drum in the light have “the who” on the drum skin and the rest of the kit in shadow and have the full moon rising behind it showing the outline of the full kit u get wat i mean?
    i think that would be a cool idea thats wat id do lol. and that way people will recoginse it instantly as the who and keith moon. (well anyone that is into music lol)
    u could even squeeze his signature on it somewhere that would look cool i got john lennons on mne it really sets it off man.
    anyway hope that gives u another idea. let me know wat u think

beatlejohn
    Participant
    @beatlejohn

hi again
    i was just thinking u could have keiths signature in the moon that would really stand out if u have the moon a nice light colour and then his signature back. would make a nice tribuite tat and show yr love of the man and music.
    ps i was born in 1978 lol great year!

sevanace
    Participant
    @sevanace

Ugh….I graduated high school that year LOL ..
    I appreciate the input..I have giving it more thought as what Keith moons means to me,I have to lose the whiskey bottle he was a brandy drinker…I am the whiskey drinker.Moonie was about walking the edge,
    he didn’t count his beats in order to fill a song he Felt the beats..everyone walked and talked the same he ran with scissors and shouted at the Gods ,so i have to portray that in my tribute .My new vamped idea was a brandy label old fashion like with maybe Moon’s Ginger brandy…there would have to be 5:15 in the tattoo as well as a silhouette outline of his drums.. maybe sticks coming out the neck as bizarre flowers??
    Any more ideas are greatly welcome..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.