Canadian Sig
    Participant
    @canadian-sig

Hey all. New to the site and looking for some help.

I’m currently serving in Afghanistan and last year my best friend was killed here while on operations. I am looking to have a memorial side piece done in memory of him and my other fallen brothers. I am looking for a Templar Knight, kneeling with the tip of his sword into the ground, hand on the hilt and his shield being held up by his other hand. I’m thinking head down in exhaustion (helmet on or off???). I want to incorporate (in Roman numerals) the date my best friend fell into the tat somehow.

I am open to color or black and white. I am not a real big guy (5’8″ 165 lbs) but I think I have room for a nice piece of art running from my armpit to my belt on my righth side.

If anyone has any suggestions or can help me out please let me know. I wont be getting the work done until my current tour ends in Feb of ’09.

Thanks a ton

CS

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

hey there. sorry to hear about your friend. RIP

just a quick thought on how to get the roman numerals involved is you could have them tattood on the templar night hiumself so maybe they run up his arm or across his neck etc.

if you have a whole knight then this might be difficult to fit in but if you have a half torso and arms/hemlet etc then it might be easier

here are some templar related pics i found

Canadian Sig
    Participant
    @canadian-sig

Cool. I found these guys. I was thinking about the first one but kneeling in exhaustion.

http://www.h-s.co.uk/etains_du_graal_figurines/medieval_collection/templar_knight

http://www.h-s.co.uk/etains_du_graal_figurines/medieval_collection/kneeling_knight

Maybe I can put the numerals on the shield…….

MaudDib
    Participant
    @mauddib

i would say not to put his date of death but rather his date of birth or when you guys met. Death will meet us all and so is not special, but the time when you guys became friends, now that is special, remember that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.