dave mac
    Participant
    @dave-mac

Hi everyone, i’m not sure if anyone could point me the right direction.

But basically I want to get a tattoo done of a heart with wings done on the back on my neck (so its not going to be huge) with my missus name on a scroll underneath (yes cheesey i know!). So far of looking most are and as i expected a bit girlie looking. I dont want anything tough and gothic looking, but just something a bit less macho. A design i did like was done by jen Carmen i believe, but I cant link to a pic as its only on websites where you can pay for the image. But its one big heart and two smaller ones each side with wings and a scroll, its the sort of thing i’m after but I was hoping there might be some different examples.

thanks in advance for any help.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

have you checked at targettattoo?

they have lots of designs there so its a good place to start.

jinny123
    Participant
    @jinny123

Are you thinking of doing the tattoo in color or black?

Titades
    Participant
    @titades

TCN294.jpg

Adding the tribal lines around the edges makes the heart more masculine. However it doesn’t have a scroll but something like this could be modified.

dave mac
    Participant
    @dave-mac

@jinny123 22738 wrote:

Are you thinking of doing the tattoo in color or black?

I’ve not really decided yet, kinda waiting for the right design to jump out at me.

dave mac
    Participant
    @dave-mac

@Titades 22755 wrote:

TCN294.jpg

Adding the tribal lines around the edges makes the heart more masculine. However it doesn’t have a scroll but something like this could be modified.

the tribal around it does make it look cool. But with regards to the wings i was ideally looking for something a bit more realistic looking, rather than how they are on there. I think my best bet will to be kinda grab lots of different elements and just go into a tattoo place and see if they can draw something up for me.

Titades
    Participant
    @titades

@dave mac 22759 wrote:

the tribal around it does make it look cool. But with regards to the wings i was ideally looking for something a bit more realistic looking, rather than how they are on there. I think my best bet will to be kinda grab lots of different elements and just go into a tattoo place and see if they can draw something up for me.

Absolutely! I think you will appreciate the design so much more if it is custom made just for you. However I would resource an artist to specificaly draw up the design for you. Check out tattoo my brain. They have a free course on getting tattoos and how to go about doing it exactly.

I am glad you like the design.

jeff2020
    Participant
    @jeff2020

I agree, I think that going into a tattoo parlor with an idea in mind and letting the artist draw it up is the best option.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.