Ivrytwr3
    Participant
    @ivrytwr3

Hey all,

First time poster here and am after advice already. My lovely wife wants a tattoo of my name. The tattoo can just be my name or have a design around it. She has no other tattoo’s and it will be placed somewhere on her ass or pelvic area!!!

Anyone have any good fonts or design ideas? (if i use one of your designs i promise to post a pic!!!)

PS Name is “Sean”

sinoftheskin
    Participant
    @sinoftheskin

oooohhhh, names are tough. I am not an artist, nor am I a fan of names. I got my wife’s name in kanji. I love her and have full confidence it will last, but if for some reason she was committed to a mental institution or anything and I had to move on, this way I can at least say the kanji means, “love to fish” or “cares about the earth” or something like that!

My wife got the kanji symbol for dragon (symbolizing me) but still no name…

Good luck in getting a cool design!

The Tattoo Forum
    Participant
    @the-tattoo-forum

names really are tough.

I always go for something simple with names like old english lettering or something similar.

i really hate the signiture style names which some people seem to love so i will say steer clear of that.

have you seen any other name tattoo’s that you like?

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

First off welcome Sean. You could come up with your own symbolism too. If not you should check out the unending letter styles. Most of my clients go with old english or another lettering style they came up with. How big is it going to be? Maybe I will draw you something. usually you only get crap for free, but I’ll give it a shot if I get a chance.

Ivrytwr3
    Participant
    @ivrytwr3

Hey guys,

The only font that looks like something vaguely we like is Black Chancery. When you say Old English, do you have any examples?

The tatoo itself is not going to be very large and will sit just below the bikini line!

TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

I too and one that would rather go for a symbol than a name. Here is an example of some old english font, the text on the logo.

TargetTattoo.gif

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.