West Jefferson Alum
    Participant
    @west-jefferson-alum

Me and my friend got in an arguement on whether Wayne’s an Emcees, or a rapper. I said he’s obviously a rapper, he said he’s an Mc, what is he???

Rapper: Some body, who rhymes about himself, How much bling he has, how fresh he is, mostly raps about himself. Example Young Joc

Mc: Somebody who speaks for the community, Who’s talking about issues going on right now, rhymes about stuff average people can relate to. Example: Talib Kweli

pinoyboy
    Participant
    @pinoyboy

i think hes a rapper.

the real hiphop heads dont really like lil wayne, at least the heads i hang out with

Big Jay
    Participant
    @big-jay

He’s a rapper…I’ve never heard anybody call him an MC. There’s nothing wrong with a rapper, but I like more MC’s than rappers.

cuutgrl66
    @

I really think wat so cool about Weezy an alot of other rapperz (eg TI),and wat makes them so good iz that they are a little bit of both, you know. He iz more of a defined ‘rapper’ though.

?HNIC
    @

Lil Wayne is a rapper………i know you have your definition of a rapper & an MC, so i figured i would elaborate on the differences between a rapper and a MC:

-a MC never bites
    -MC’s have respect for the old school
    -MC’s are politically and socially aware and they can incorporate that into their lyrics
    -MC’s dont need alot of promotional and marketing hype to be admired or considered great
    -A MC doesnt have to get too personal to win a battle
    …….on the other hand
    -Rappers often bite off of those who came before them
    -Rappers dont respect the old school (rappers who came before them)
    -Rappers are only about getting paid
    -Rappers are politically and socially unaware..the result-ignorant lyrics
    -Rappers need alot of video and marketing hype to be recognized
    -Rappers cant battle without getting personal

seminolefsu13
    @

well if your going according to your definitions then i would have to say lil wayne is a rapper….example: his song Number 1 Stunna refers to himself

supercell
    Participant
    @supercell

Well according to those definitions you listed, lil wayne is most definitely a rapper

treu_playa_1988
    @

man he’s a rapper

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.