DARLA T
    Participant
    @darla-t

…to rock music. Am I crazy? or is it my friends that are closed minded.

When I crank up Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd, at house parties or in my car, some of my friends think I am crazy. I tell them that we cannot change the type of music and how we like it. They still don’t get it that I “feel the music” when I listen to classic rock. They all moved on to softie music which is fine but do not shake your head when I am jamming to Zeppelin or Floyd.

I hope somebody here today sides with me on this one….LOL. But actually, what I would like is your honest opinions.

Omaha
    @

You can listen to whatever you want. I’m 43 and play and sing in a classic rock band. We have a ball.

But there is something to be said for acting your age as well. Enjoying vigorous music is fine, but there is a line where it starts to be come part of a broader pattern of denying your age. That can get pretty ugly. There are few things, in my opinion, worse than a person who is trying to act 20 or 30 years younger than they really are.

So, as long as you are comfortable with your age, go for it. Just don’t try to act like this music makes you 22 again!

Sarahbeth J
    @

Listen to whatever music you want! Just not too loudly. You want to save your hearing as long as you can. 80)

aph k
    @

you’re fine but you need to get in touch with Green Day or at least guns’ and roses.

Willie J
    @

Rock on. I was jamming to The Who on a road trip this past weekend. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” and “Who Are You” are my faves.

ROCK ON!!!!

youcandoit
    @

No your not crazy. I though I was. I am a 32 year old mom with four kids and I am absolutely hooked on video games and things like that. When I am around other moms they talk about recipes and hair and buying clothes and I stand there thinking hmm is Halo 3 really coming out when they say it is. Or what can I get my character today. You are just youthful and there is nothing wrong with that. Do what you will I say. Life is to short to not live how you want(Withing reason)

Maureen P
    @

My honest opinion? Does it really matter what they listen to or what they think about the type of music you listen to? We’re all different and have unique qualities. Some understand us, some don’t. Those who appreciate you for who and what you are are the ones that matter most.

jim c
    @

Some would say you might need to grow up, but I say be a fee spirit!Music is a big part of who I am as well….enjoy, and find others who share your interests.

leroyboy
    @

I’m a 46 yo female and I love Led Zeppelin, Yes, Aerosmith, Jane’s Addiction….etc. The louder the better. NONE of my friends like the same music. I find myself alone in my musical taste except for my husband and my sister, (thank goodness). It bums me out because I’d like to be able to enjoy and share it with SOME of my friends.

edit: Poke we “older” people invented rock!!!!

Blunt
    @

Behave your age grandma.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.