Daniel K
    @

Hip hop and rap these days is a total joke, they sing about things that have no meaning. For example “let your chains hang low”, “I’ma flirt”, “Snap yo finger”. What the hell do they mean, hip hop is truly dead. Nas was dead on when he made that song Hip hop is dead. And wow rap has turned just as bad, for example 50 Cent and his stupid@ss songs. Like Candy Shop and stupid things like that. It’ll never be like Tupac, his rap actually had meaning, it had a message. To me hip hop and rap is dead, it’ll never be what it was.

PatriotRider
    Participant
    @patriotrider

Crap “performed” by the untalented to assuage the unimaginative among us. And there are way too many of them. Not to ever be confused with music in any way. I put this on the same level as a toddler beating on a pan with a wooden spoon and jabbering nonsense. Just my opinion, though. Making it louder doesn’t seem to help, either, particularly when they have a whole trunk full of junk rattling away in the back of their ride…K ;o)

m’s
    @

some rap songs are true crap but some are alsome just go wit it and heack NOOOOOOO hip hop aint died you must be crazy Nas only made that song cause some rap songs are wiggdy wack lol

moxie_slacker
    @

It still does, but the only kind you hear on the radio and mtv is crap… just like every other genre. Tune into your local college radio station for the good stuff. It’s still poetic, political and smart.

EDIT: the answer just above mine is really funny, considering…

Ness B
    Participant
    @ness-b

All music is a joke today not just rap and hip hop. Can anyone name one band or artist who actually deserves to be called an “artist”?? I can’t! Not in the mainstreem anyway.

haha
    @

Oh yea. I still don’t understand how people can actually like that ‘This is why I’m hot’ song.

dey
    @

i agree with you….
    nowadays its totally crash because they just sang the song for the heck of having a new one… unlike tupac he intends on showing something trough his song

sleepybuckets
    Participant
    @sleepybuckets

It has never been anything more

Crash D
    @

Was it ever GOOD? I mean, there’s always the stuff like Sir Mix A Lot, Vanilla Ice (w/ one song), and a few others from the 80’s that were good, but that’s only because the songs were fun… Not becuase they were high quality statements about the current affairs and events in the country or world.

The Walking Dead
    @

Rap and hip-hop are not dead. They’re just bullshit.

Listen to some of these albums and you’ll see that there are still real artists out there.

Rhymefest – Blue Collar
    Boot Camp Click – The Last Stand
    Buckshot (w/9th WOnder) – Chemistry
    Pharoahe Monch – Desire

JHMHSI
    Participant
    @jhmhsi

Well, then… stop listening to the mainstream sh*t. I’m a total rock fan, and I STILL know enough about hip-hop/rap to know that the good stuff is created by the underground. Listen to Canibus or Saul Williams…

Yeah it’s Me!
    @

I agree to a certain extent. there are a few rappers out there that rap about real s**t, but then the majority of rappers do rap about crap. I.E. A Bay Bay, Coffee Shop, Last Night. Sometimes I do sit back and wonder what happen to the days when rap songs had meaning. I feel as if majority of people now days don’t want to hear about real they like to hear about alot of mess. I mean who care “what you say in the club”. It has gotten out of hand and I think it because of a younger generation of rappers is starting to come about now. Things will probably never go back to what they where. We are in for a new era of “crappy rap songs”

Atrum Fortuna
    @

Always was. Always will be.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.