Gary S
    Participant
    @gary-s

…”eaten” by motion picture film? Back in the early 80s when HBO used to show short films between movies, there was one short film about a man who goes to visit a small movie studio. When he arrives at the studio, he can’t find anyone there, but finds pairs of shoes and clothes lying around on the floor.

It turns out that spools of movie film have taken on a life of their own and attacked and eaten people. The film chases the man around the studio and finally tricks him and “eats” him, spitting out his clothes and shoes. It then winds back on the reels, awaiting the next victim who shows up right at the end of the film.

Does anyone know what this short was called? I can’t remember.

Mettle
    Participant
    @mettle

The short you remember is from 1975 and is called RECORDED LIVE.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466572/

It was directed by S.S. Wilson (the same guy who directed TREMORS II: AFTERSHOCKS and TREMORS 4: THE LEGEND BEGINS). This short was something he did in film school.

I know you used to be able to find RECORDED LIVE as a bonus feature on the the DVD for TREMORS 4: THE LEGEND BEGINS. I have the TREMORS ATTACK PACK (all 4 movies) at home, but I’d have to check it to see if the short is still being included on new distributions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.