James V
    Participant
    @james-v

What makes up the culture

What is it to you? What does it mean to you? What aspects of the culture are important? What does it stand for?

Anything come to mind?

forbiddenrights
    @

Culture, feeling
    music

N.W.A
    KRS ONE
    Public Enemy
    Blackalicious
    Notorious BIG

slimtaggs
    @

b-boying (break dancing)
    graffiti
    djing
    and of course
    mcing

are the aspects of hip hop

it means a lot to me, its a unique type of music that was pioneered by such rappers as melle mel, dj kool herc, tun-d.m.c, rakim, kool g rap, big daddy kane and carried on by tupac, biggie, snoop dogg, eminem, n.w.a.

and freestyle rap (mcing) is an improvised way of rapping with NO previously constructed rhymes.

The Last Roman
    Participant
    @the-last-roman

Hip hop is alot of things to alot of different people. i see it as a historical pheonomenon that started with Jazz in the early 1930’s and is a collective modern experience of Rap-R&B-the more “gangster” sounding rap and i would even venture to say techno is a product of hip hop. Thats just my opinion, i dont claim to be some kind of professor in music.

thfmsquar3d
    @

Like said before Hip Hop is about the 4 elements B-boying, Graffiti, Mcing and djing. If your a Hip Hop artist or Hip Hop and don’t breath and sleep there elements you aint doing real Hip Hop. People like Young Joc or Young Dro will never be real Hip Hop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.