Sabby
    @

Listen to the crap played on the radio today. Rap “music” is just people talking about sex, girls, money, and drugs. Emo bands can’t sing or play worth crap. And country just plain sucks.
    But in the 70s and 80s, people could actually sing and knew what guitars and drums were meant for and how to actually play them well. Elton John kicks ass and is an excellent singer and performer; just listen to his greatest songs. Why aren’t there bands like Van Halen, Queen, Foreigner, or Styx these days? Music has gone down the drain recently. At least (I hope) there are still people who appreciate this truly excellent music.

Don’t you agree?
    I know, there is no good purpose of swearing. I’m 15 and what shocks me the most is that my friends seem to think that all that music is good but in reality it’s just making them think that bad is good and cutting yourself and stealing, swearing, and cheating will make you famous in the eyes of people who only think you are “cool” because you are exactly like them, if that makes sense to you.

Buju-baby!
    @

I agree with you, in a sense. I’m old enough to remember the music from the 60s, 70s etc., but I don’t necessarily listen to it now. Actually I have tunnel vision (or should that be tunnel hearing) these days when it comes to what I listen to. I usually listen to only Buju Banton (mostly), Lucky Dube, Morgan Heritage and the like. But have been known to listen to opera, but only because my husband is a professional opera singer. Remember though, that when we all thought the music from the 60s etc was brilliant, our parents thought it was crap.

devil_wid_attitude13
    @

lol i so agree with you
    I just buy albums i want i never listen to music channels or radio if i do I watch Magic
    Old music like you said from the 70s and 8s have good meaning to the lyrics. Nowadays if they have a swear or any bad language in there pople love it cuz it makes them feel hard and tough which is really sad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.