<3<3<3<3
    @

ever since i can remeber i have been rocking every night before i go to bed..it helps me fall asleep especially when theres music playing. its embarassing and i’ve wanted to and tried to stop for many years. i am 16..nobody knows i do it adn i just want to know if anyone else does it and if there are any possible ways to stop it….my brother,my dad,my grandpa and a few of my cousins also do it..so please tell me anything you know about it..thank you

Ann G
    @

There is nothing wrong with that! I think it’s cool. It’s like your whole family has memories of being rocked and loved as a baby, and it still comforts you. I sit indian-style and rock side to side to calm myself. Don’t knock it if it works, and don’t worry about it. Some people rub their feet together; some people wrap their hands around a blanket. It’s all about comfort. Why would you want to stop comforting yourself? If it works, don’t fix it.

Jame Gumb’s Luvr
    @

there is nothing wrong with that. I do it some times. If it works for you keep doing it, your fine

blondbrainserenity
    @

My daughter does this to get to sleep every night. She is 7 and has been doing it since she was one. She also does it to calm herself when she is upset. Her pediatrician said it is a coping and calming mechanism, that is perfectly normal and that many people do it. She is fine and so are you!

kkoe
    @

alot of ppl do things like that it is carried with us from infancy how we were comforted when we were wee little ones. I have to have my foot outside the covers and i shake it until i fall asleep and I am way passed 16.

Don’t obsess over it, it seems perfectly normal, harmless and 16 is usaully a crazy time in life and you probably unconciously sorting things out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.