Jonel Z
    @

I just moved into a new home and the builders did the worst job at the “final grading” of my yard. I have tons of rocks! I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a law so I was thinking of doing it myself.
    The question is, how much rock do I need to remove? Do I need only 3-4 inches of rock free soil? If I only need 3-4 inches, I can slowly do it myself. If I need more, I need to have someone rockhound it for me.

Any help would be appreciated

Smith S
    @

How big are the rocks or is it more like gravel? What kind of results are you looking for? A lush full lawn? You’ll need to rock hound or bury it with clean fill. Grass will grow on concrete if it has enough water. If you don’t need a lush full lawn and if you have adequate irrigation, just make sure the surface rocks are gone so you don’t throw them through the windows of your neighbors house.

freedemm
    @

Instead of lawn you could grow something like Ivy. It will take over nicely, look good and not need mowing.

Depending where you live There may be other ground covers that will do as well. Depending on the rocks you might even use them as part of the look.

Look for pretty places near you and you might find better inspiration yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.