BizQuick
    Participant
    @bizquick

I heard that Mr. Bill O’Reilly is blaming Hip Hop music and DMX for the dog fighting incidents with Michael Vick. I dont know how true this is though.

My Opinion: How are you going to point the finger at someone/something because of another mans actions? Michael Vick is a grown man and he is a millionare, so you mean to tell me that Hip Hop music influenced him to do such? I think that is BS!!

BRYAN H
    Participant
    @bryan-h

actually he said it is part of the hip-hop cultue, not blaming it. and that dmx and jay-z had scenes from actual dog fights that they had participated in, displayed in their videos. he said that it is prevalant in the hip-hop culture, not the root cause of. the problem is that most people who beat up on o’reilly do not watch him and only react to soundbites. funny that vick won’t accept responsability for what is a fact. another “not my fault” victim.

docscholl
    Participant
    @docscholl

“I dont know how true this is though.” –
    which part don’t you know?
    Whether Bill blamed HipHop or if HipHop is to blame?

deezNutz
    @

thats just o’reilly being o’reilly… the man is a jerk-off and hip hop is one of the many scapegoats he loves to use

johnny g
    @

Bill O’Reilly is a facist blow-hard bigot. You really shouldn’t even listen to the man, let alone let anything that comes out of his crap-hole mouth rile you up. That’s my opinion anyway.

C-Ham
    @

There will always be something to blame other than the guilty party. If a kid shoots up his school its cause he listens to metal, if a guy knock over a gas station its cause the drug dealers had him in a corner, if man rapes a little boy its caus he was raped when he was a little boy. If a guy dies in a drug deal its cause hip hop made it cool. blah blah blah.

the only thing anyone can do is be a good citizen in spite of the movies/music/video games that are influencing us. the second someone screws up the so called “experts” start pointing fingers but it never makes any kind of difference in the long run, hip hop and violent movies are not going anywhere and sex still sells.

don’t worry about it.

dances_with_unicorns1955
    @

My understanding of the issue is that he (and other newscasters) are saying that the hip-hop CULTURE is to blame for the renewed popularity of dog-fighting in the U.S. If a type of music attracts people who think this is acceptable behavior, then that culture would, indeed, bear some of the blame for the interest; in this way, yes, the music and those it attracts create the climate for this kind of behavior both to occur and to be considered acceptable. However, it also seems to me that Michael Vick is capable of making his own decisions, and that he has made some very poor ones in this area; for that, he has no one but himself to blame.

dave b
    Participant
    @dave-b

Its the “gangsta” hip hop culture, in which there are references to prison, dogs and fighting, drugs and money and general filth about women with a way over the top dose of swearing. These are the standard topics of hip hop.
    Dont act like you dont know how that crap influences people to embrace that stuff because it is “cool” in certain groups.
    I hear this junk blaring everyday out of crappy cars with wheels worth more than the car, and people driving them that you wouldnt want to meet in broad daylight.

O’Rielly is hated by Lefties because he exposes their “if it feels good do it” mentality that promotes irresponsible lifestyle choices.

Guy
    @

O’reilly has a very small mind and he has trouble coming up with an answer to anything.Everything is very complicated for him.

Tim
    Participant
    @tim

I didn’t realize Bill listened to hip hop. Oh, wait….Well, then how does he know?…Oh, ya….Rating, that’s right. Next queston?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.