steven25t
    Participant
    @steven25t

direction if there is any?
    in europe is progressing, because most good rock came from Europe
    queen: you meant rebellion as thinking for him/her self and not let anyone tells you what do to.
    and none is rebels for simple reson people are satisfied with what they have to listen 🙂
    ops its quin my bad 🙂

Barbara D
    Participant
    @barbara-d

It’s coming back full circle to the roots.

quinntheeskimaux
    @

Rock is dead. Long live rock.

But big rock bands can’t cut it anymore. I say small indie bands with great songwriting, strong vocalists, and distinct melody lines/rhythymns are where it’s at.

Simple, straightforward, romantic, no-frills presentation (bands like “Iron & Wine”) are what touches people these days. The era of Big Rock is over. The audience is gone.

The technology has changed, and also the competition is different. People don’t need rock for the same reasons they once did; rock was the spirit of profound rebellion–but no one is rebelling anymore.

shockerhead3
    Participant
    @shockerhead3

direction? its still progressing if thats what you are asking. rock will never die

weaslewise52
    @

I personally don’t care where they are heading, I only listen to classic rock, as do most people of my baby boomer era.

David R
    @

Good question. Metal, in general, seems to be turning into the emo stuff. Some at least. People can only take so much heavy stuff. So it comes and goes. There will always be a market though for a good heavy song.

yasd
    @

It’s not what it used to be or at least to me. To me all they do is scream they don’t even try for a song you can understand. Where are lyrics that you can understand that you can sing with that have meaning
    Where’s the Home Sweet Home, Don’t know what you got till its gone, Beth, there used to be rock ballads
    where the Pour some sugar on me, I wanna rock and roll all night where’s those songs.
    I think I’m old.

Weesy
    @

God, there are so many genres out there of rock and metal! Folk metal, black metal, viking metal, death metal, new age metal, industrial, emo, screamo, psychobilly, progressive, alternative…from now until forever people with just mash this with that and mix in a little something. At this point, anything is possible…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.