Square Root
    @

If you are between the ages of say 30, and 40, you know what real hip hop sounds like.Gone were the days when N.W.A.were the only gansters, L.L was the only “Playa”, Public Enemy was the only politically driven group, and De La Soul were the only Dread wearing hippies that promoted Baggy jeans, and backpacks.Slick Rick we need you in this social state of emergency, to tell us one of your many stories.Yes Hip hop came from the streets, from the slums, from the gutter, but it was that beautiful darkness that made hiphop likeable.Now I cant even listen to the radio, much less look at these kids wearing all around print clothing.And can some body please tell Puff Daddy that Rap is not pop, and he’s too old to be hopping around stage like an idiot?

AJ08
    Participant
    @aj08

you dont have to be aged 30-40 to know what real hip hop sounds like, there are still artists today making REAL hip hop; you mean to tell me talib kweli, common, nas, lupe fiasco dont make real hip hop? and there’s alot more artists to that list…dont go just off what you’re hearing everyday on the radio, listen to some of the underground artists who actually have something to say in their music.

James V
    Participant
    @james-v

That’s not what Hip-Hop is all about… That’s what the radio and videos are all about…. turn em off… do I have to tell you why?

GeOrGiA PeAcH
    Participant
    @georgia-peach

Well that was real. Today is real too. Times change. Don’t fight it. Music evolves like anything else. I get so sick and tired of people bashing rap and saying what is “real”. If you don’t like it, don’t listen. Simple as that. Go find you a time machine and see if you can go back to your little era. We don’t want you in this one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.