Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

This was taken the first of the month. It’s a Harley Davidson, Pro Street Breakout CVO with a “Screamin’ Eagle” 110-B twin cam, air cooled engine.

Given my age, perhaps I should have checked out the “Trikes”? Nah!

Susquehanna Valley Harley Davidson, in Harrisburg, PA. Real great people!

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

What a sweet ride!!! Just in time for riding weather – although we had rain, snow and ice up here in northeast PA overnight and it’s 24F right now. I don’t think you are ready for the trike, yet!! Once you need a walker, the trike will give you room to store it. 😉

I sold my last bike back in ’84 – a Honda Nighthawk 650. It was just too tough to manage owning one with all of our moves in the Army – 21 houses in 26 years. So, in ’96 I bought this. 20 years old now, with about 83k on the odo it still handles like a charm. We head down into the NC mountains with friends every year and give it a run out on the mountain roads – Tail of the Dragon, The Diamondback and The Snake..and many, many more that let this car shine where it loves to be – in the corners.

I am sure I won’t catch up to your ink – but I’m already planning on something for my right shoulder. Looking for something that ties to my Army career – maybe an eagle related to my rank as a colonel, a flag, etc. I keep searching for ideas. Also not sure if I want to go color, black and gray like my left shoulder or a combo. I’m enjoying just doing the planning. Who says 61 is old? 🙂

Enjoy that new ride and maybe I’ll see you here on the PA roads!!

Mark

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Congrats Sam. Now you can really stat spending money buying everything else.

Dan
Participant
@dan

congrats Sam,pretty fuckin’ nice !

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Devious6 147365 wrote:

It was just too tough to manage owning one with all of our moves in the Army – 21 houses in 26 years.

My father in law was a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. They lived all over the world too.

Thanks for the note.

Sweet car!

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Congrats Sam! that’s a sweet ride. If I ever get back out to the east coast on mine we’ll have to go for a ride.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Why is Colonel spelled Colonel when it is pronounced kernal?

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

@buttwheat 147380 wrote:

Why is Colonel spelled Colonel when it is pronounced kernal?

Ahh the enigma that is the English language. 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.