Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 133501 wrote:

I always find it funny at the gym / health club how people will sit and wait for a parking spot up close, just silly

I like the dolts riding the damn escalator!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’d kill for a cheesesteak. I skipped dinner out of spite. Bad idea.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 133508 wrote:

I’d kill for a cheesesteak. I skipped dinner out of spite. Bad idea.

12:07 AM and I’m eating Boars Head Peppercorn Roast Turkey and drinking a Plymouth Gin on the rocks.
    Sorry ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Arni, if you don’t want a 12 pack then check the candy bar aisle or near the till in the chain corner stores (like 7 Eleven) next time you’re in the States. They often have 2-packs of those kinds of treats.

On another note, on my recent trip down I dropped off a care package of Canadian candy bars to a shop that I previously got them hooked on. And since my next appt down south is just before Halloween I will be bringing them some as well.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Sam-I-Am 133510 wrote:

Plymouth Gin on the rocks.:cool:

Plymouth Gin was a gift from a friend from Canada. Ever hear of it? It’s really good.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Sam-I-Am 133514 wrote:

Plymouth Gin was a gift from a friend from Canada. Ever hear of it? It’s really good.

I haven’t. But I can’t even remember the last time I drank gin. I did take down a bottle of maple whiskey liqueur for my artist last week. Wanted to give him something Canadian. Although I don’t care for either whiskey or maple, my brother says that liqueur always disappears very quickly at his place.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Call_me_Lola 133513 wrote:

Arni, if you don’t want a 12 pack then check the candy bar aisle or near the till in the chain corner stores (like 7 Eleven) next time you’re in the States. They often have 2-packs of those kinds of treats.

Ah, that sounds better.

OR, I could just buy 12, eat one, and share the rest…..

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 133518 wrote:

My brother says that liqueur always disappears very quickly at his place.

Here too! I think it’s some weird evaporation thing. Except the maple and honey whiskey. They’ll last forever. I can’t stand them.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@ArniVidar 133523 wrote:

Ah, that sounds better.

OR, I could just buy 12, eat one, and share the rest…..

I will say if you’re not American or used to processed sweets in general, there’s a funny “processed” taste you may not like. Just warning you. I can’t put my finger on it. It’s a little like plastic.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@GrayCatLove 133527 wrote:

I will say if you’re not American or used to processed sweets in general, there’s a funny “processed” taste you may not like. Just warning you. I can’t put my finger on it. It’s a little like plastic.

Well I guess that’s understandable, considering these things are almost entirely synthetic. It’s just all sorts of E-numbers and -ose’s and -ate’s and other laboratory experiment ingredients. I’ve never had the balls to actually try a Twinkie, for instance. I’ve seen it in movies my entire life and I’ve wondered how it tastes, but it just looks… nasty.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Spongecake with cream filling is delicious. That’s what a Twinkie is. Twinkies are just kind of analogs of this concept. If spongecake with cream is a 7/10 dessert, a Twinkie is a 5/10. It does the job of being a sweet treat, but it’s not something I’d spend money on unless I was showing it to a non-American friend. We had a Chinese guy where we worked. Brilliant guy, goes to med school in the UK and comes here as a surgeon and switches to ER. He’d never had Kentucky Fried Chicken. We took him to the buffet which is a mile from the hospital. He was in HEAVEN!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

One thing I’ve always wanted to try, is a “Bucket-o-chicken” from KFC. (Again, just something from the movies).
    Just the concept of holding a huge bucket, dipping into it to grab a bite and eating right from the bucket is an experience I’ve always wanted to try. KFC is quite expensive here in Iceland, however, so I’ve never gone ahead with it here ๐Ÿ˜€

Curiously, in said movies the protagonist eating from the bucket is always black. (Excuse me.. African-American). Absolutely no stereotypification going on there ๐Ÿ˜€

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 133527 wrote:

I think that is from the fake chocolate.
    re: KFC, the one here in Lemoyne has had many serious health code violations. I think thee is much better chicken around. At least in this area.
    At a recent arts festival you could buy a DEEP FRIED TWINKIE!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

You don’t eat it from the bucket. You take a piece from the bucket, eat it in a group setting like a family, take your piece out, your sides, on your plate, and you eat. ๐Ÿ˜›

And black people don’t eat KFC. They eat Popeye’s, the good stuff. That’s what I prefer, too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also, not all black people are African American, so it is better to say black. I dated a Jamaican, and he said, “I’m not African American. I’m Jamaican American.” I also have Hispanic friends who are black who do not identify as AA. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Sam-I-Am 133537 wrote:

I think thee is much better chicken around. At least in this area.

We had a Popeye’s here in Iceland many years ago, and I always preferred that to KFC. The batter was crispier and the chicken tastier. But KFC is the only decent chicken place we have here now, so one must take what one can get.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.