poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

So, I’m going on a little trip next week. 9 days in Miami, 5 days in New York. My second time in New York, so I’ve done the most touristy stuff already, and I’m no big fan of those things. Got my dad a helicopter ride for his birthday, and that should get me my share of touristy ;D

Anyways! I’m going in to Fort Lauderdale to get tattooed as well(close to the airport), so any fun spots, shops etc around there is also of interest 🙂

Now, I wouldn’t dream of seeking out designer shops or the conventional “pretty blouses and cardigans” shops. I’m looking for punk, metal, rock, street, etc.
    Awesome apparel, the best underground rare record/book shops, weird stores that sell weird things(If they sell necklaces made out of human bones, I’m game), things like that! 🙂 Honestly anything weird, rare that most people just laugh and take pictures of. Geeky stuff too! Any place focused on fair trade, ecological and produce made with the world in mind is awesome too.
    I’m going to see Black and Rancid in Miami, so I’ve got a little bit of rock taken care of! 🙂
    I’ll be going with family, so I won’t be going out much except for the concerts I suppose, but I need my share of freaks&geeks.

Haha, just hoping for a few tips here, and with so many different people on here, I’m hoping someone might be able to help me out! 🙂 All tips appreciated!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Sounds like fun.

Since I haven’t been to Florida since 1962 I can’t be of much help.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Right before summer is kicked out on its treacherous ass by autumn, there are free plays put on in Central Park. Should still be going on next week. Not exactly punk rock, but fun.

Farmer’s markets in Florida tend to be pretty cool and have a lot of variety – Many offer music, entertainment, and all kinds of free trade goodies. Wish I could think of something more specific and interesting, and that I lived a little closer. (There’s a lot of weird Appalachian stuff where I live if you’re into fair trade and freaky stuff.)

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

My boy who is a world recognized b boy performs at the box in nyc. Maybe check that out? I never been there but he always invites mefif I ever make it to the east coast!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

New York and Miami are great places to get mugged.. Sorry I have never been to the East coast

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 132400 wrote:

Sorry I have never been to the East coast

I’ve never been to the West coast. (I here it’s nice) We should have coffee in St. Louis some day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.