Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Well i am kind of a old school gamer but i have deleted all my games give them all to a friend to keep. Sold all my online gaming accounts what i have been working on for around 6years so the temptation to start back isn’t there.

The reason i have done this is because i want to draw full time to improve my art skills and hopefully when im good enough get a apprenteship in tattooing which will take a while, I got rid of all of my gaming to make this possible because if i know they are there i won’t draw and will be lazy and just play my games instead of drawing and becoming a tattoo artist which is what i wanted to do as a job since i was around 13.

Wish me luck people! not sure how my dad will feel that i am leaving the family business but everybody like’s to do there own thing.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Good luck dude. Kicking the gaming habit was the best thing I ever did, hope it works for you too.

Might I suggest using the time you spent gaming for drawing instead? Rather than leaving the family business just yet.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Amok;100614 wrote:
Good luck dude. Kicking the gaming habit was the best thing I ever did, hope it works for you too.

Might I suggest using the time you spent gaming for drawing instead? Rather than leaving the family business just yet.

That’s what im doing mate won’t be leaving the family business until i have a guaranteed apprentiship in tattooing ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

The only thing is how to 100% go at it because im not really sure how. I could do with somebody’s help on how to start off drawing with simple thing’s and progress myself over time and what book’s to buy etc.. College is out of the question as i have already been to college doing another course and pissed about so college will not allow me to do another course now.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The best help you could get, you have already received numerous times.

Your best bet is to find an arts program in a school close to you, and get help from the teachers there on how to start.
As with the tattooing, starting correctly can make all the difference in the world. ๐Ÿ™‚

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Good on you! I don’t have any advice, but want to wish you all the best…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.