msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey, I’m back! Finally our electricity just came back on. I’ve been off the forum for 4 days. I almost died! Just saying hi and I’m back! Hope I didn’t miss too much. ;):);):);):)

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome back! You almost died? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ tell us the story!

And glad your ok ๐Ÿ™‚

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

We just got our power back on, 84 hours after it went off. I will admit though I have a whole house generator so I personally never lost power, just had to conserve it to save propane. It was the best investment I ever made for my house. It was cool walking outside to the street and looking up and down seeing nothing but pitch black, seeing the milky way above becuase no lights to obscure it, and then turning around to see my house looking “normal”.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I was wondering where you had gone to. What was the cause of the blackout? Was it the hurricane or some other problem? Good to see you back.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
bluey;95582 wrote:
I was wondering where you had gone to. What was the cause of the blackout? Was it the hurricane or some other problem? Good to see you back.

It was hurricane Irene that caused the blackout. Thanks for wondering about me! I’m usually on here several times a day. I’m glad to be back! :):)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Wardy;95571 wrote:
Welcome back! You almost died? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ tell us the story!

And glad your ok ๐Ÿ™‚

Dear, dear, Wardy, I was being dramatic using a bit of hyperbole when I said I almost died! I just meant I was going out of my mind not being able to do my normal things. We did ok, but I missed my internet! I was dying to get on the forum! We had plenty of battery powered lanterns and we had out camping stove in the kitchen for cooking, so, things were normal in that regard. So, I’m OK! I was just going a bit mad. Thank you for you concern! ;););)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
metalmancpa;95576 wrote:
We just got our power back on, 84 hours after it went off. I will admit though I have a whole house generator so I personally never lost power, just had to conserve it to save propane. It was the best investment I ever made for my house. It was cool walking outside to the street and looking up and down seeing nothing but pitch black, seeing the milky way above becuase no lights to obscure it, and then turning around to see my house looking “normal”.

Ha, lucky you! We had many folks in our neighborhood with generators. We’re now thinking of investing in one, but perhaps just for the lower level of the house as oppossed to a whole house geneator. The pitch black nights were pretty awesome. I was still doing my nightly 5 mile runs, but did try to get out before it was too pitch black, but I really did appreciate the sky! :):):)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome back.
I have lived in my house for 12 years and have never lost power at all. At my last house one time we lost power for 10 days.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;95605 wrote:
Welcome back.
I have lived in my house for 12 years and have never lost power at all. At my last house one time we lost power for 10 days.

Same nothing ever happens in the shithole where i live.

Im the same mercury when my internet go’s off im sitting in a corner rocking back and forth.

But sometimes i practice my drawing to hopefully one day live my dream of being a tattoo artist ๐Ÿ™‚
Im going out today to buy some more color’s and a new sketch pad as my other got wrecked from me ripping pieces of paper out of it when i got the stupidest little thing wrong ๐Ÿ™ Think im going to be drawing like 6+ hours a day now to really get things moving now and also buying a book on drawing what somebody on this forum recommended but i can’t remember who, might of been knight hawk or zombiekiler or something or whatever.

I just relised i’ve been talking about this in your survival thread im sorry ๐Ÿ™

Peace out

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
buttwheat;95605 wrote:
Welcome back.

Damn! If a bird lands on a wire in our neighborhood, the lights go out. We’ve always had power outage problems in this house. I think the longes was about a week. You are lucky you’ve had 12 years with no interruptions. However, if it weren’t for the internet, I would be fine without it, but I have to admit I do prefer my modern conveniences! I like the idea of living simple, free and uncluttered! Backwoods home is starting to sound better and better to me. :):):)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Wardy;95631 wrote:
Same nothing ever happens in the shithole where i live.

Im the same mercury when my internet go’s off im sitting in a corner rocking back and forth.

But sometimes i practice my drawing to hopefully one day live my dream of being a tattoo artist ๐Ÿ™‚
Im going out today to buy some more color’s and a new sketch pad as my other got wrecked from me ripping pieces of paper out of it when i got the stupidest little thing wrong ๐Ÿ™ Think im going to be drawing like 6+ hours a day now to really get things moving now and also buying a book on drawing what somebody on this forum recommended but i can’t remember who, might of been knight hawk or zombiekiler or something or whatever.

I just relised i’ve been talking about this in your survival thread im sorry ๐Ÿ™

Peace out

Wardy, you can do no wrong here. I find you to be very endearing. I feel like giving you a really big hug and kiss. Since I can’t be there, just imagine me hugging you really tight and giving you a great big kiss on your cheek! Yeah, I’m a caged lioness pacing back and forth without my internet! I understand your sentiment! Practicing drawing is a great way to pass the time. I spent a lot of time practicing my drawing exercises while the power was out. Of course, I’m working on more Freddie pics along with a lot of other things, which I hope to post sometime.
Peace & Love. :);)

Adler
Participant
@adler
msmercury;95636 wrote:
…Wardy, you can do no wrong here. I find you to be very endearing. I feel like giving you a really big hug and kiss. Since I can’t be there, just imagine me hugging you really tight and giving you a great big kiss on your cheek! Peace & Love. :);)

Ok, this is getting a little (alot) creepy.
I guess I got lucky because my area was flooded pretty heavily and over 700,000 people lost power in my state and a few hundred thousand are still without but I never lost my power. I think you really take things for granted until you lose a basic essential, I know I would go stir crazy without power but trust me missing this forum wouldn’t be my biggest concern.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Adler;95662 wrote:
Ok, this is getting a little (alot) creepy.
I guess I got lucky because my area was flooded pretty heavily and over 700,000 people lost power in my state and a few hundred thousand are still without but I never lost my power. I think you really take things for granted until you lose a basic essential, I know I would go stir crazy without power but trust me missing this forum wouldn’t be my biggest concern.

Been hearing about a lot of flooding going on. I’m glad we avoided that in my particular neighborhood.
Not my biggest concern either (the forum, that is). I was just really glad to get back to normal & being able to get back to my playtime on the internet! I missed the internet the most. I had everything else I needed or wanted. I depend on the internet for communication with just about everyone I know & for a host of other things like work, banking, posting my videos and artwork, working on my website, reading etc. I was surprised by how much I depend on my computer and internet these days. I did have an old corded phone to plug in, so I had phone service as well, which was really helpful. I just didn’t have caller ID and I really depend on that!! Haha. How else can I avoid answering all those unwanted calls? :):):):):):)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.