msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Anybody else out there feel that awful quake here on the East Coast? Not a good feeling, I can tell you. I’d hate to have to go through a really bad one like in CA! My cats made a stampede down the stairs tripping over each other trying to get to me! There was a terrible rumbling sound and a loud boom. We had an earthquake here in Maryland not all that long ago that wasn’t as bad, but still it was quite a jolt, but not as bad as this one.

Anyone care to share a story?

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m in CT and felt it. My buddy and I were just finished with a late lunch and had climbed on our Harley’s in the parking lot. We hadn’t even started our bikes and felt them starting to rock slightly back and forth. We looked at each other and said, “did you just feel that?” Of course it’s normal for Harley’s to shake when they’re running but when they shake while they’re still off it felt pretty weird. We didn’t really know what happened and rode away. It wasn’t until I got home a couple of hours later when I saw it on the news about the quake. Pretty freaking weird, doesn’t happen much here.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Adler;94865 wrote:
I’m in CT and felt it. My buddy and I were just finished with a late lunch and had climbed on our Harley’s in the parking lot. We hadn’t even started our bikes and felt them starting to rock slightly back and forth. We looked at each other and said, “did you just feel that?” Of course it’s normal for Harley’s to shake when they’re running but when they shake while they’re still off it felt pretty weird. We didn’t really know what happened and rode away. It wasn’t until I got home a couple of hours later when I saw it on the news about the quake. Pretty freaking weird, doesn’t happen much here.

I heard it was felt from NC all the way up to NYC & parts of Canada. My dad is a cabbie in Baltimore, and he said while siiting in his cab waiting for a fare, the cab started to rock harder and harder and then he heard the rumbling and knew it was an earthquake. I have heard a few of the old abandoned buildings in Baltimore did collapse. I’m an hour away from Baltimore. We’ve had quite a few quakes in MD, but this was the worst I’ve felt. I hate the sound it makes! Sounds like a train about to run through your house. People actually ran out of their houses and were outside screaming. It really was unnerving! Just glad everyone is ok. I guess the big one is only a matter of time. We’re getting them worse and worse each time. Peace. 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Like I said, it was felt here in CT but no major damage, just a little shaking. But the media is blowing it way out of proportion of course.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Probably would have sucked if at the moment it hit you were being inked – could alter the work.

Didn’t feel it where I am in MA, but I hear it was felt in Maine, Toronto, and other points north.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Hope everyone’s OK over there, I guess that’s one benefit of the UK, we don’t generally get stuff like that.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Yaaaaaawn. It was only a 5.8, roll over and go back to sleep…

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Zorba;94891 wrote:

Ha! Those in CA are laughing at us, I’m sure. But, we don’t get them often and this one was quite scary. The noise is what really gets me. Sounds like a train approaching the house. This was the strongest to hit Maryland. They get a little stronger each time. Very little damage in Baltimore City (a few old buildings collapsed) and no damage in my area. I’m an hour outside Baltimore. Mostly people just had pictures fall off walls and things fall off shelves, lights and phones went out etc. No structural damages around my area that I know of. Wonder when we’ll get the big one here on the east coast! I’ve heard, it’s coming, but no one knows when!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Zorba;94891 wrote:

I didn’t even think you could feel one that small.

Actual damage from the quake

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;94900 wrote:
I didn’t even think you could feel one that small.

Actual damage from the quake

That’s funny as hell ! That’s about the extent here in CT but like I said the news made it sound like the end of the world with like 4 hours of coverage. My buddy who I was riding with today and who is a long time fireman posted something on his facebook about it being a false alarm and that the whole thing was caused by a bunch of Harley riders with nasty pipes tearing up the streets so just shut up and get on with your lives. Like I said, I felt my bike sway for about 10 seconds and then we went on with our ride like nothing happended.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

hope everyone is safe!!!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

hardly ever anything up here in the good’old scruffy north 😀

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Adler;94901 wrote:
That’s funny as hell ! That’s about the extent here in CT but like I said the news made it sound like the end of the world with like 4 hours of coverage. My buddy who I was riding with today and who is a long time fireman posted something on his facebook about it being a false alarm and that the whole thing was caused by a bunch of Harley riders with nasty pipes tearing up the streets so just shut up and get on with your lives. Like I said, I felt my bike sway for about 10 seconds and then we went on with our ride like nothing happended.

OMG, that’s funny!:D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.