DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

Ok so im heading up to solvang next month for a weekend vacation of wine tasting and horseback riding etc… i was talkin to my co-worker about it and told him i got a hotel room with a balcony and all that good stuff. I mentioned that i wanted to bring a little bbq grill and cook up some ribs while i was up there. I grill every weekend and its very relaxing to me. Love to medicate and have some bbq…

Anyway, my co-worker says you cant bbq at a hotel… His excuse was “you just dont do that”….

is this true?!?!? would it be wrong to take a grill?

your thoughts please

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why don’t you just call the hotel and ask them?

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

true, but his argument was that as humans, its improper to take a bbq to any hotel…. thats where we had different opinions

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

what won’t know won’t hurt them.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
WardyInk;91862 wrote:
what won’t know won’t hurt them.

haha you crack me up bro…. im sure they will know…. unless i start to bbq without asking, than if and when they say something, ill almost be done??? lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’ve never heard of anyone grilling on the balcony of a hotel room before, so I should guess that he is correc that in general we as humans don’t grill on hotel room balconies.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
DOJAGUY;91863 wrote:
haha you crack me up bro…. im sure they will know…. unless i start to bbq without asking, than if and when they say something, ill almost be done??? lol

*nock on door* “Sir, you can not bbq in this hotel.” …. “I have no idea what you are on about”

And im sure you’ll be fine with a little portable one?

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
ArniVidar;91864 wrote:
I’ve never heard of anyone grilling on the balcony of a hotel room before, so I should guess that he is correc that in general we as humans don’t grill on hotel room balconies.

we need to change that! come on humans!!! lets start lugging our grills with us on vacation…. but yeah i guess hes right..

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why on earth would anyone go to a hotel and then bother with making his own food? That’s what room service is for. If I wanted to make my own food, I’d go camping 🙂

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
WardyInk;91865 wrote:
*nock on door* “Sir, you can not bbq in this hotel.” …. “I have no idea what you are on about”

And im sure you’ll be fine with a little portable one?

hahaha yeah i should be fine…. ill tell you guys the outcome… cant wait!!!! im excited to do some wine tasting, never done it before…. have any of you guys??? got any tips???

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;91867 wrote:
Why on earth would anyone go to a hotel and then bother with making his own food? That’s what room service is for. If I wanted to make my own food, I’d go camping 🙂

he is actually got a valid point there. Get a takeaway and a stupid amount of alcohol down your gut.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

All I know is I’m loving reading the replies to your post! It keeps me amused, that is for sure. I’m sitting here laughing and having a good time.

The wine tasting sounds really fun. You should enjoy that. I don’t have any tips for you, though.

I would think that the hotel would have some rules against grilling on the balcony and fire code may not allow for it, especially if the deck isn’t of a certain size etc. I sure hope you have a great time and do let us know the outcome! I’ll be interested in hearing whether or not you barbecued! :):):):):):)

backinblack
Participant
@backinblack

I agree with ArniVidar’s comment :’) Would make sense for it not to be allowed, this means more chill time at least!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.