Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I’m really sorry, guys, but I just bought an airbrush I’m trying to master, and I was just struck by inspiration for a new drawing. (doesn’t happen very often). All other projects are off the table for a couple weeks, but I promise what I am working on will be incredible. If not, I won’t post it. LOL! Nah, I’ll probably hate it anyway, but I’ll let you all see it. To everyone whom I have promised artwork, I WILL get to your stuff. If you don’t want to wait, cool. There are better artists out there, but if you do, I promise I’ll get it done soon! Thanks everyone. I love you all!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’ve been wanting to buy one of those kits for years now. I am in no way artistically inclined, but I do scale models and painting them with brushes sucks 🙂

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
ArniVidar;90904 wrote:
I’ve been wanting to buy one of those kits for years now. I am in no way artistically inclined, but I do scale models and painting them with brushes sucks 🙂

Indeed. That is one quality that really got me interested. When I learn to use it with some degree of skill I’ll be able to produce even better quality art MUCH more quickly. As for detailing models, with a little practice and some decent stencils you can create some really bitchin’ artwork fairly quickly. Not to mention that even a pretty decent airbrush is relatively cheap.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Dave Van;90905 wrote:
Not to mention that even a pretty decent airbrush is relatively cheap.

Hmm.. I guess that depends on your definition of cheap. The set here (decent airbrush and decent pump that doesn’t bother the neighbors with noise) are going for about $625 here.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

lol Well, I already had the compressor, so I guess I wasn’t considering that expense, but if you are just painting model cars you can buy cans of compressed air that are completely silent. 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yeah, I guess the canned air would work, but they’re $30 a pop and it kinda hurts me paying money for air. This isn’t Spaceballs: The Movie, damn it! 😀

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Yeah, sorry. I don’t live in Iceland, so I forget the difference in the cost of somewhat frivolous items there. Gotta be some sort of middle ground here, though.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

They’re about 10 bucks US here.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Oh yeah, love the Spaceballs ref. You’re showing your age, dude!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Dave Van;90913 wrote:
Oh yeah, love the Spaceballs ref. You’re showing your age, dude!

OY! I resemble that remark!

“It’s MegaMaid.. she’s gone from Suck to Blow!”

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
ArniVidar;90916 wrote:
“It’s MegaMaid.. she’s gone from Suck to Blow!”

That one made me laugh out loud!

“I’m surrounded by Assholes!”

ArniVidar
@arnividar

A friend was watching it the other day. Told me he was watching it on Mr. DVD. I snorted some coke out my nose at that.

(On a sidenote, it’s interesting how snorting coke into your nose will get you jailtime, but snorting coke out of your nose is perfectly legal but will hurt like hell)

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
ArniVidar;90921 wrote:
A friend was watching it the other day. Told me he was watching it on Mr. DVD. I snorted some coke out my nose at that.

(On a sidenote, it’s interesting how snorting coke into your nose will get you jailtime, but snorting coke out of your nose is perfectly legal but will hurt like hell)

I tried snorting coke a few years back. Nearly freakin’ drowned!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Guess you chose the wrong kind of coke, then 😀

Amok
Participant
@amok

where’s my koi???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.