BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I don’t want to see anymore emails whenever someone replies to a thread.

I’ve unchecked emails from members, and do not subscribe to threads but they are still flying in!

Please HELP!!

Zach

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go to user cp
go to edit options
go down untill you see this:
Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Select no email notification and presto no more emails.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You’re welcome

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Already tried it, sorry but didn’t work..

I ended up just blocking any emails from this forum ๐Ÿ˜ก

Thanks anyways

Zach

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That shouldn’t be happening. I see not settings that even allow that to happen. Contact TurboSatan and ask him to fix it for you. I don’t have access to the underlying system.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Just bumping an old thread as I’ve got the same problem…

Did you get it sorted BZ?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Are you getting an email every time somebody replies to every single thread?

Panter
Participant
@panter

No, just my subscribed thread. Although, oddly, not this one?

I have selected no email notification in my settings, I haven’t tried unsubscribing although I’d be reluctant to do that as it’s handy seeing where I’ve posted some rubbish!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, the default setting is to automatically subscribe to all threads you participate in, and sending one e-mail per day for each thread is also default IIRC. This can all be changed in your subscription preferences.

So you got no problem at all ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like all the emails it makes me feel important

Panter
Participant
@panter
ArniVidar;93126 wrote:
Well, the default setting is to automatically subscribe to all threads you participate in, and sending one e-mail per day for each thread is also default IIRC. This can all be changed in your subscription preferences.

So you got no problem at all ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s the thing, mine is set (by me) to “no email notification.”

what I’ll do is set up another email account and use that for this forum so I won’t keep getting pestered (they come through on my phone)

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Panter;93140 wrote:
That’s the thing, mine is set (by me) to “no email notification.”

Oh, sorry, I totally misread your post as you not having messed with the settings and not wanting to ๐Ÿ™‚

If you contact TurboSatan, he has all the access to the system that I don’t. I am sure he could fix this for you.
Alternatively, have you tried setting it to mail you for every single reply instantly, and then setting it back to not sending anything at all?

Panter
Participant
@panter

No I haven’t, I’ll try that now before bothering admin, thanks for the suggestion.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
buttwheat;79133 wrote:
Go to user cp
go to edit options
go down untill you see this:
Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Select no email notification and presto no more emails.

Try this or “Don’t subscribe” plus be sure to go to User CP > List Subscriptions > Empty Current Folder, as you will continue to receive notifications for these threads otherwise (settings only apply to future threads).

Panter
Participant
@panter
D3FiANC3;93153 wrote:
Try this or “Don’t subscribe” plus be sure to go to User CP > List Subscriptions > Empty Current Folder, as you will continue to receive notifications for these threads otherwise (settings only apply to future threads).

Think you might have nailed it ๐Ÿ˜€

I couldn’t work out why I wasn’t getting notifications for this thread, but was for everything else, this thread was started after I changed the settings to no notifications…
I’ve also changed notification settings a couple of times and logged in and out so hopefully that’s the end of it ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thanks again,

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.