-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

How would you describe someone who is only relying on himself, tho who is not a loner and loves being surrounded by people, who is open minded and tends to go against the flow?

Would that be an individualist?

A guy here really got me thinking about my tattoos and suddenly my first idea ever has popped in my head again.
I wanted something to describe myself in a picture[tattoo], so I want to find a phenomenon describing myself or sumthing like that.

And I’m an Atheist for that matter, relying only on my hard work and my brains to make a living.
And again, I don’t have anything against other people, I just rather stay true to the one and only… me myself.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

This is a really good question!

The first thing that popped into my head was Altas… If you have ever read any Ayn Rand, that’s kind of what you are talking about although her characters tend to be less on the social side, almost devoid of social graces and customs. In american culture, these two traits seem like opposites on the same scale. I hope someone smarter than me chimes in here because I’m sure there is a great symbol for this. I’ll keep thinking as well

Go pick up The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand if you haven’t already. Its an amazing book and right up your alley. It changed my life the first time I read it! You might get some creative juices out if as well…

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

I’m not a book person, I usually concentrate on reading fitness and nutrition articles and researches but you’ve got me intrigued!
I’ll read it when ill get the time, thanks!

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Anyone else?

Demure
Participant
@demure

An alpha wolf in a wolf pack. I think of the alpha symbol and a wolf.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

But Alpha wolf is a leader, not a one who only relies on himself. =0
I mean it’s not that I’m selfish, I do love helping people and stuff.
Just never really ask, nor wait for any help.

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

So…yeah… bump.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Please dont take offence but right now your not coming over as self reliant or alpha male.
In fact your coming over as a bit needy and slightly pushy.
Maybe a rethink of you idea?

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Dude, I have no more ideas left, thats why I’m looking for some help.
Anyway never said I’m an alpha wolf, no offence but… reading isn’t all that hard.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

As I said dont take offence.
I didnt say you described yourself as an alpha male but it was said by someone in this thread.
I understand your out of ideas but please dont take that out on me by being rude I read very well thank you.
Your posts have appeared needy, maybe you should read them again, in addition if you search there are hundreds of “help me with my design” posts on the forum and most of them have within them the following:

Go to your chosen artist, they should be able to help you with ideas if not maybe try another artist, review portfolios until you see work that reflects in feel at least what you want and spend time talking to the artist.

Failing that you could ask total strangers who dont know you at all, then act in a way contradictory to how you have described yourself and then get rude when a member expresses an opinion othret than yourown.

Goood luck with your design and I am sure when its right you will have a kick arse tattoo.

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

Every time you bump up your post I go back to reading it and think about what might work…
Honestly the first thing that came to my mind was a wolf as well, even before Demure said it but I dismissed the idea because as you said, it doesn’t quite fit what you are trying to express.

It’s really a brain teaser, this one. Personally I think I would look for a quote that encompasses all these things, because finding just one image that unites these qualities will be hard imo. I don’t think I would call such a person an individualist… I think the most difficult thing to express is the contrast between relying on yourself and yet still being very social. If you want to stick with imagery, how about getting two tattoos, maybe on opposite sides, for example one on each shoulder blade? One to express the more individualistic side of you, maybe combined with “going against the flow”, and on the other one the more social and open-minded side?

Sorry that I can’t really help you, it’s quite difficult ๐Ÿ˜€

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

Every time you bump up your post I go back to reading it and think about what might work…
Honestly the first thing that came to my mind was a wolf as well, even before Demure said it but I dismissed the idea because as you said, it doesn’t quite fit what you are trying to express.

It’s really a brain teaser, this one. Personally I think I would look for a quote that encompasses all these things, because finding just one image that unites these qualities will be hard imo. I don’t think I would call such a person an individualist… I think the most difficult thing to express is the contrast between relying on yourself and yet still being very social. If you want to stick with imagery, how about getting two tattoos, maybe on opposite sides, for example one on each shoulder blade? One to express the more individualistic side of you, maybe combined with “going against the flow”, and on the other one the more social and open-minded side?

Sorry that I can’t really help you, it’s quite difficult ๐Ÿ˜€

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Thanks mate, the usual tattoos would be a wolf and a koi swimming against the flow, which of course aren’t original.
I thought of a picture where there is a road and a little path.
“Don’t go with the road, make your own path and it will always be visible.”
The concept is pretty much about leaving your mark on the world instead of following everyone else.

I just can’t see it as a tattoo.

Ah and BTW, I’ve found a nice idea for the classical music piece you were looking for, for your sleeve:
http://bendoyl.deviantart.com/art/music-to-her-ass-36594754

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

Mods: Sorry about the double post earlier, don’t know how that happened?

-DMD-;67261 wrote:
I thought of a picture where there is a road and a little path.
“Don’t go with the road, make your own path and it will always be visible.”
The concept is pretty much about leaving your mark on the world instead of following everyone else.

Mmmh it’s a good idea but I agree, not sure how you could make that into a great tattoo…
Maybe something along the lines of “lead don’t follow”?
Or something like footprints in the sand / snow symbolizing that you are the first to step there?
Just throwing some ideas around here ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.