Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

Ive wanted to play the piano as long as I can remember. Im not new to playing music, ive played trumpet for 15 years and guitar for 7 years, but what i really want to play is piano. Well, recently I inherited my grandfather’s super nice ballroom grand piano. So now I absolutely must learn to play, and play well. but i have no idea how to learn piano… I dont get the whole, using both hands completely independently thing. My mind wants to keep moving both hands together. I know theres gotta be SOMEONE here who plays keys… so, my question is, anyone know any good “teach yourself piano” books, or does anyone have any helpful tips for me learning to play? haha really random I know…

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Have you ever tried playing a complex riff on the guitar and then tried singing while playing it?
It’s a similar sort of concept with using two hand to play the piano. You gotta learn one part before the other. You have to be able to play the guitar riff in your sleep before you can starting singing over it. Look at how well James Hetfield does it for example, he’s god. A lot of practice is involved.
You could try eBay for a learners book to play piano. At the end of the day, all it’s gonna take is a look of practice 😉

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i play a bit of guitar too, so i know what you mean, ya. yup, as with anything in life really, just gonna take a lot of practice. I went down to the local music store and got a “teach yourself piano” book. that should help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.