Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I don’t really know who to turn to at this point.
I might just be being overly-cautious.

But anywho…a short story.
I work janitorial (I’m 19, going back to school next fall) at a hospital. All the people I work with are…fucking morons. But I always joke around with the vast majority of them. Last night, however…one of them caught wiff of my new car. I picked a particularly tender bone with him about his (goddamn gorgeous) cousin that works as a RN in one of the areas. He started going off about his criminal record and yada yada yada. He grew up on the East side and knows a few tricks to fuck up a car. Yada yada yada. I kind of ignored it. Pinned it on his Alabama inbreeding wishes coming back to haunt him.

After his shift ended, however…
I had another hour to work and I started getting really finicky. Worried about my new baby.

I traded in my ’94 Pontiac Gran Prix last Thursday for an ’03 Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipse GTS.
31,500 miles…
Perfect Body…
Automatic (The fking website said goddamn manual…but whatever)
Gorgeous.
I loved Francine. I knew Francine. She was my baby for almost 5 years…and every little rumble was familiar.

Silvia…I’ve only taken to work and back for 5 days. Haven’t really gone anywhere else.
But either by my over-imaginative brain…or by that inbred cock-swab at work…She felt funny this morning.

So I just got home from a “just in case” road check.
I noticed that if I give her a…a’hemn…decent amount of gas…the RPM’s hit 5000 in the first gear.
And the juice really only hits after maybe 15 mph. That is…she speeds up pretty goddamn quick at 15mph, but before that it seems just…average.
And finally…but the thing that has always bugged me about my moms car…
When I smash on her a bit, and then let off the gas completely, I can feel the engine revving still for another second.

Anything seem strange here?
Or am I just paranoid?

Sorry if my lack of car knowledge is disappointing to my manhood.
KH: No girl jokes.
😀

Edit:
P.S.
I didn’t say this.
But obviously I’m going to straight kill the mother fucker.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

well, the acceleration part is fairly common, most cars dont REALLY hit their power band untill things kick up into second gear or so. and the “keep revving for a second even though you let off the gas” could just be either driving downhill, or simply a sticky petal/sticky throttle. which just takes some cleaning. there could be something, or nothing. hard to tell without actually seeing and hearing it. does it make any unusual noises? clicking/grinding, etc?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

You know what…
I feel dumb for posting this.
I was just anxious to find a problem.
But the ONE time I was able to get that sticky pedal situation was downhill.
I took her for another run and couldn’t duplicate.

Thanks.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You need to chill out the car will be fine and you cannot get a bite from the engine until you hit second or 3rd gear because up until then the engine is just idling over.

The guy is just talking shit if he was gonna do your car it would be the brake cable, body work/glass or sugar in the tank all of which would be an obvious calling card.

He also knows that you would take a bat to his head and lets face it a heavy criminal record just means you are a dumb fuck who keeps getting caught and nothing to be proud of.

He is just breaking your balls and stay away from anything related to him hot or not it aint worth the shit.

Also as a word of advice never ever share your personal life with a moron – lie if you have to but don’t even let em know what brand of cigs you smoke. They all share that same trait of jealousy and will either fuck with your head or your property if they think you have something better than them.

Take Care
Matthew

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Matthew.
I love you.

But you get that daily.
Haha.

I know, I know…deep down I knew.
It just had me in a bind for…5 hours.
Meh. The only way he knew about Silvia is I drove by with her :rolleyes:

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

😮

Aww thanks.

Actually I get a stacks of shit daily in my job and work with some right nasty bastards who break balls for a living. Which is why I totally understand your worries.

I had a guy today ranting about how is going to rape my wife and kill my family etc. I told him I was gay, my family are all already dead and I KNOW where he lives lmao.

There are certain types of ppl who just have that parasitical ability to get under your skin and work on those worries with effortless ease.

Keeping out of your head comes with time and practice and the need for a malicious nature a mile wide :p

He is just a bit jealous you have a better ride than him.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.