Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I’ve gotten all his things moved to his new apartment, I’ll take the last load today…. I’m sad (b/c we have been thru so much in our years together) but I am strong so, altho it will take time, I will move on. If anything we will remain friends.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I’m sorry you had to go through this bullshit Blue dude.

But take some advice from me. The whole “remain friends” with your ex thing is a crock of shit, especially when they’ve hurt you like he did. You’re leaving him because he treated you with absolute disregard, because he didn’t give a damn about how you felt as long as he got what he wanted. Who the hell needs a friend like that? A friend is supposed be have your back no matter what, be there to pound down a few shots, help hide a body, and everything in between.

Besides, no matter how bad a partner treats you in a relationship, it’s comfortable because it’s familiar. As time passes, the sting and the details of what they did fade, and emotionally, what you’re left with is the familiarity. Hell, I can hear it in your voice already. You’ve gone from wanting to bite him in the face to talking tenderly about wanting to remain friends with him.

I’m not saying if you don’t cut him off completely you’ll slide back into a relationship with him again….but it could happen again regardless of your intentions. At the very least, it can lead to awkwardness and hassle you just plain don’t need.

And seriously, he didn’t touch you for how many years, then cheated on you. Fuck him with a chainsaw man. Seriously. He doesn’t deserve to have you in his life at all.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba
KnightHawk;62443 wrote:

But take some advice from me. The whole “remain friends” with your ex thing is a crock of shit, especially when they’ve hurt you like he did. You’re leaving him because he treated you with absolute disregard, because he didn’t give a damn about how you felt as long as he got what he wanted. Who the hell needs a friend like that? A friend is supposed be have your back no matter what, be there to pound down a few shots, help hide a body, and everything in between.

Besides, no matter how bad a partner treats you in a relationship, it’s comfortable because it’s familiar. As time passes, the sting and the details of what they did fade, and emotionally, what you’re left with is the familiarity. Hell, I can hear it in your voice already. You’ve gone from wanting to bite him in the face to talking tenderly about wanting to remain friends with him.

I’m not saying if you don’t cut him off completely you’ll slide back into a relationship with him again….but it could happen again regardless of your intentions. At the very least, it can lead to awkwardness and hassle you just plain don’t need.

And seriously, he didn’t touch you for how many years, then cheated on you. Fuck him with a chainsaw man. Seriously. He doesn’t deserve to have you in his life at all.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

I read a previous post about this guy by you, Blue…
So I’m semi-informed.
And this ^^^
IS EXACTLY right.

KH, props to you on the psychological evaluation/insight.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

You know what I think about it Blue, but I think KH hit the nail on the head for the both of us. Good luck! Loves

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

I’m going through a break up myself. All we can do is try to get over them, TRY, and then see where to go then. but running back to them won’t heal or change anything. The relationships ended for a reason. Let it be.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
KnightHawk;62443 wrote:

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

you’re right KH….absolutely right.

Guess it is time for me to figure ME out now. Bc I have NO IDEA as to who I am anymore. And maybe I was meant to be alone. To remain alone.. ATM I am OK with that.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Blue1;62452 wrote:
you’re right KH….absolutely right.

Guess it is time for me to figure ME out now. Bc I have NO IDEA as to who I am anymore. And maybe I was meant to be alone. To remain alone.. ATM I am OK with that.

Why is it when you say “I was meant to be alone”, I suddenly hear Linkin Park playing in my head?

CrawlING in my skIIIIIIIIN, these wounds they will not heAAAAAAAALLLL [/singing….poorly]

My marriage just ended not too long ago, so I get the whole “burned out on relationships because the last one sucked” thing. But you got to realize that you’re kinda a big, gaping wound right now, and any decision you make is gonna reflect that.

Example:

When I was 18, fist fights were one of my favorite late night activities. I also weighted a hundred pounds less, and ran ten miles a damn day. But right after my divorce, I thought “HEY! LET’S GO SPAR WITH THE UFC FIGHTER MY FATHER WEIGHT TRAINS! HE’S ONLY LIKE A FOOT TALLER THAN ME AND BUILT LIKE A GREEK FUCKING GOD! I CAN TAKE THAT BASTARD!”

Um….no.

Did not go well.

Point is, things that seem eminently reasonable right now will turn out to be totally fucking insane a few months down the road.

And more, statements like “I need to figure out who I am” and “I was meant to be alone” make you sound like a self-involved teenager after that devastating breakup with your hunny bunny of an entire week. While it may be true, saying so makes you sound like a douchenozzle.

Statements which, by the way, I myself was making in the wake of my divorce, and the major reason I dropped off the face of the earth for a couple months there. Not sure anyone here but Sherav noticed honestly. But I knew when I got over my funk, I didn’t want that cloud of self-involved bullshit hanging over the heads of my friends, online and off. So I huddled in my basement, occasionally having a crying/screaming fit while beating the hell outta my heavy bag, and let it work itself out before I rejoined impolite society.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

i noticed you werent here KH, just thought you were busy doing shit:D And Blue….life does go on, and this dude was one cocksucker….things get better with time…heal yourself and find out the true you. Now i for one firmly believe people come into our lives for a reason, and then they move on or we move on, i’ve always looked at it like….”now what did i learn from that” And believe me i have had some truly fucked up relationships and extreme violence that you couldnt even imagine….my words of advice are “be true to yourself and look after number 1”

Michelle

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

learn from it , move on and become strong :rolleyes:
everything in life happens for a reason , even the rough times but they pass

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

You are all right. I know this…. I’ve been thru it before… And Michelle, I’ve been thru some pretty extreme shit as well – so I get where you’re comin from.

KH… I had my screaming fit last night. lol I started feeling so fucking overwhelmed (not to mention I had just come back from a friend’s funeral…so that DIDN’T help the situation) that the dam just broke….. scared the shit outta my poor Bouncer (my dog) and btw…. everyone sounds like a douchnozzle every once in a while. lmao

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I can’t add anything that hasn’t already been said. I agree that the “just friends” thing is a horrible idea. You can’t truly heal without a complete break.

Good luck and good thoughts sent your way

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I haven’t commented either but I too feel that a complete break is really the way to go, it is so easy to get suckered back in gradually, before you know it you are back to square one and unhappy again…………you are worth better! Take care – Karen

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.