Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

You know I spend a lot of my time just bitching about how shit is and I wish it could be better etc etc.

I am sure everybody does it from time to time but of late I just seemed to be really stuck in the rut and didn’t have the motivation to sort it out.

So I was sat at my desk at work and my neck is paining me no end.

It has been giving me grief on and off for about 6 years and occasionally eases off.

I visited my Dr in past and he is like bad posture take a few anti-inflammatories and stop your whining.

Anyhow today it is blinding ache in my neck so i say fuck it and head down to the walk in medical centre.

I see a nurse who is like what is the problem – I am like hey my neck hurts at the base she runs her fingers over it and I watch her eyes go all anime (about 3x the normal size).

She was like ‘Don’t move your head an inch!’

Runs off comes back with 2 Dr’s and neck brace.

Next thing I am strapped to a board and weighted down so i can shift my head – I am like wtf!

Turns out when I came off my bike years ago I fractured my neck. Thinking it was bruising and whiplash I did nothing about it.

A disc in my neck has been pressing on the fracture. My neck healed slightly crooked which fused the disc and has been causing the pain.

They told me that if I had banged my head or neck etc i’d have been paraplegic. 😮

Turns out not a lot they can do now it has set but I do feel like the luckiest man alive right now.

All my other issues and problems can bollocks I feel good.

Take care
    Matthew

Regurgitator
    Participant
    @regurgitator

Blimey that was a close call ….. sometimes you need things like that to happen to put things into perspective. In reality must of us have very little to complain about really when you see the problem some people have 🙁

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Wow bro, that was definitely a close one! Hope they may be able to figure out some way to get you fixed up. Take care, and best wishes.

MissP83
    Participant
    @missp83

wow!!!! thank your lucky stars!! and many prayers too!! you could almost get a medical malpractice suit out of that hun. especially if you would have fallen! i’m glad they found it now though!!!!!!! take care and God bless

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

oh my lord you are bloody lucky .
    good job they was a good team of doctors and nurses at the walk in place.

take it easy

Tana

inkedbeauty
    Participant
    @inkedbeauty

Wow, you are a lucky guy indeed. Glad to hear your okay.

tygerliz
    Participant
    @tygerliz

haha sounds like something i did. your def a lucky man!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

you lucky toerag matthew…. hopefully they might be able to do something, even if its decent medication for the time being..

so do you now need to wear a neck brace permenantly in case of it moving ??

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Outlaw

They gave me a neck brace to wear for a while but then decided that since the vertebrae has fused a little there is not much they can do.

They did offer to snip it but since you can end up a quad I declined. It just means I cannot turn my neck all the way to the right or left fully.

I just have to bang a series of anti-inflammatories.

That said I do feel like a jammy toerag and just glad to be around 😀

Take Care
    Matthew

framey
    Participant
    @framey

nope your the 2nd luckiest ….

if you had been the luckiest she would have stuck her hands down your pants and told you to cough aswell lol

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Lol

:p:D:p

Matthew

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.