xxAv3nG3dxx
    Participant
    @xxav3ng3dxx

I recently purchased a Tattoo Kit from Tattoo-kitintenze.com and quite naturally the money was taken out of the account a week later, with no kit shipped. I received a conf letter and everything but went to re-check the site and the site is no longer existent and the e-mail is false. the 800 number I called does have a “company” answering service but I guess my question is has anyone else ever ordered from there or actually received products from this website or have I been completely ripped of almost $600 bones… 😡

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

bummer !! well at least someone’s skin is safe from you for now then .

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i would think you’ve been duped im sorry, i was ripped off over they internet by the tune of $2000, i do my homework very carefully now.:mad:

xxAv3nG3dxx
    Participant
    @xxav3ng3dxx

oh yuck.. I’m sorry to hear that.. I guess I’m gonna have to do some more research.. thanks

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Here’s the deal. This may offend some of you, but this is real. You got ripped off because you don’t know what your doing, you don’t know what your looking for, you don’t know where to order from, and more than likely you don’t know what you need to get. You want to buy a kit and do what with it?

I know there are many artists who have learned at home with no formal training who have succeeded and made their mark on the tattooing community for the better, and to them I give a nod of approval. I’m fixing to hire one of them in my shop. He is extremely good. But these people have one thing in common. They had mentors. Maybe they were not formally apprenticed, but they had mentors.

Everyone has had bad experiences with websites. Like Izzarrisink said, she’s been got too, but I bet it wasn’t buying a kit.

What you need to do is research tattooing, learn something before you jump out there. Tattooing is very serious. You put people’s health on the line, and if you really screw up you may very well put their life on the line. People like you rarely ever think about that. All you want is the kit so you can scratch on someone’s skin and maybe…just maybe one day you might be a presentable artist…but its people like you that give tattooing such a poor name.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but in all honesty, you’re messing with something you don’t understand, and you need to learn something first. You got what you deserved.

ShaneC
    Participant
    @shanec

Buying ANYTHING online is just like buying anything offline.

You have to know who you are dealing with.

IF you are making a major purchase – major to you – then google the site. google the industry. Check out some forums.

DON’T make a major purchase on a whim – either online or offline – high risk of being scammed.

xxAv3nG3dxx
    Participant
    @xxav3ng3dxx

see the thing is we did our research, I checked out this specific forum and got advice from “proffesionals” to use certain companies to buy products from. I googles all of the above and still a fraud..

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    xxAv3nG3dxx;44247 wrote:
    see the thing is we did our research, I checked out this specific forum and got advice from “proffesionals” to use certain companies to buy products from. I googles all of the above and still a fraud..

But there is still the problem of you not knowing what you are doing. You see I order everything on line. But I order from people you CAN’T order from because I own a licensed studio. I have never been scammed. Why? Because I know what companies are reputable, and which are not, and if I don’t know a company I don’t deal with them.

I know what I need, I know where to get it from and I know when to get it. You are buying a kit. Something no pro would waste money on. Why don’t you learn the tattooing industry first?

xxAv3nG3dxx
    Participant
    @xxav3ng3dxx
    S.Neill;44248 wrote:
    But there is still the problem of you not knowing what you are doing. You see I order everything on line. But I order from people you CAN’T order from because I own a licensed studio. I have never been scammed. Why? Because I know what companies are reputable, and which are not, and if I don’t know a company I don’t deal with them.

I know what I need, I know where to get it from and I know when to get it. You are buying a kit. Something no pro would waste money on. Why don’t you learn the tattooing industry first?

I understand where you are coming from entirely, but I never claimed to be a professional.. What’s wrong with buying something to start with, learning, gaining a mentor and becoming an apprentice someday? Is schooling not allowed in your world as well? Did you wake up one day a professional? Everyone has to start somewhere, and its usually from the bottom up am I wrong? Me loving the art of tattoo and the beauty that becomes of it, and wanting to learn REGARDLESS of where or how I start isn’t what gives tattooing a bad name.. it’s people like yourself that shit on anyone you think is “less than” because they aren’t “you” that gives it a bad name.. So many of my friends and family are tattoo artists and own their own studios as well, and yes, that’s something to be proud of but they certainly don’t shit on someone who is willing and trying to learn the trade, because of the passion and natural talent they have for it.. I came to this forum to gain advice, not get denounced from a guy with a needle on a power trip. THAT’S what gives you a bad name.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

if your from a family of tattoo artists you would have been better to buy from their contacts !!!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Dont take offence to the comments people make, after all this is a forum and everyone has their own views and opinions, it does surprise me that you didnt ask for advice from your friends and family if they are tattooists, they would have put you right in the first place.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    xxAv3nG3dxx;44247 wrote:

thats unusual because we dont have unlicensed tattoo discussions on here :confused:

jmlampert23
    Participant
    @jmlampert23

yea like said before why would you not ask your family and friends that you apparently say are tattoo artists and own their own shops.

i think you are wrong for buying equipment and not knowing what you are doing. you put a lot of people at risk with out the proper training about first aid, blood born pathogyns and so on. plus your going to be giving people bad tattoos

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

On a practical note did you check with your bank to see if there is any protection from fraudulent transactions of goods not received?

You also need to register the loss as a crime with your police dept and also maybe consider running a trace on the website owner and see if they have any other websites that are linked to this ‘business’ – might aid in tracking down an address or at least a bank account that has a follow on address.

It is a long shot I know but possible.

Sorry for your financial loss.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Chalk it up to experience……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.