Mike-Wilson
Participant
@mike-3

So less than 24 hours ago I got tatooed, by a well known artist, someone I have been to twice before and I trust, I watched him take new needles out the packet and all that. Anyway tattoo gets infected, don’t know how, been tattooed 5 times now, had no issues. Infected causes a fever, I go see a doctor, she gives me a load of pills and shit but my whole arm (because it was a sleeve session) is covered in big puss filled blister patches, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what my tattoo is going to look like when the infection is healed, will my whole arm be ruined?

Ell-Powell
Participant
@ell-2

Hi Mike,

It’s really hard to say what an infected tattoo will look like until its fully healed as your skin is still repairing.

I really would try to not worry (as easy as it is for me to say) until around the 4th week when your infection will have died down and the scabbing stage will be over. You will then have a picture if any ink was lost during the infection and if you will need a touch up.

I had an infection in my forearm tattoo. Did a full session of 5 hours, it was super raw and also a coverup so the artist packed loads of ink in. The infection started healing the day after I started antibiotics, and I didn’t loose much ink, because I caught it early, which it sounds like you did too – so that’s great! Anyway, it looks a bit more faded because of the infection so I’m going for a touch up next month.

It happes to everyone. It could be any number of factors not just your artist and their studio. Even the most careful of people get an infection, especially if it’s a big piece.

Try not to worry, check it out on the 4th week and contact your artist letting them know you have an infection and they will more than likely give you advice and offer the free touch up 🙂

Hope it all turns out ok!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.