Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

It looks like I’ll be heading off to this one in July:

http://palmtreesandtattoos.com/www.palmtreesandtattoos.com/Home.html

It looked like they had fun last year, and had a great list of attending artists. Palm Springs in July … that’s going to require a whole lot of cold bevvies!

Anyone else going?

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

And I got confirmation of my appointment at the show!!! Hova Villasenor out of Roman’s shop in Yucaipa is going to add to my collection of masqueraded ladies. I’ve been following him for a while on IG and I love his style. (In fact I like his stuff better than Roman’s.)

I don’t know who is more excited, him or me!!! When I described what I wanted he said he already had some amazing masquerade pieces that he has been ‘wanting to bust out’. Now I have to wait patiently for 4 months.

https://instagram.com/hovas_tattoos/

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Nice
    …..

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@Call_me_Lola 143357 wrote:

It looks like I’ll be heading off to this one in July:

Home

It looked like they had fun last year, and had a great list of attending artists. Palm Springs in July … that’s going to require a whole lot of cold bevvies!

Anyone else going?

LOL yep ! it was 99f, there today !

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Well it is going to be an expensive weekend … I just dropped another deposit because I GOT AN APPOINTMENT WITH REMIS!! Holy crap!

On the upside, now that I have appointments on Saturday and Sunday my drinking budget that weekend will be almost nothing.

Now back to my happy dance! 😀

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Congrats start saving up

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Nice!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Next weekend!! To be honest I’m a little nervous about two days of appointments, back to back, but I can’t back out now. I’m also excited to see what Hova and Remis have planned! Helluva way to start my vacation.

Anyone else coming??

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

awesome!!!! since it doesn’t look like i will make it to Empire, i MAY come out to this. can’t wait to see what they have in store for you!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Well, it’s day 2 of the convention and I , now have an unfinished tattoo. I think we did about 8 hours and it’s about halfway done. Poor me, that means another trip to sunny California. 😎

Oh, and Remis already warned me that we won’t be able to finish what he has planned for me tomorrow. (So .. another trip to meet up with him.) 😎

So, unless the artists post an in-progress picture I’m not going to show you guys how far each got. Out of respect of them and their work. Sorry.

And Anam is here so I begged her to tattoo me in Calgary this October (I was already on her submission list) and it is a GO! 😎

And I got word that my tentative appointment with Randy Engelhard is a no go for September (he will be busy with his new show and won’t be doing the guest spot. 🙁 But they will let me know when he plans to come again.

And Mr. DeVries is not completely happy with his piece and would like to take another pass at it. So … another trip to LA is in my future.

Effing awesome convention weekend, so far!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Might as well move down to Cali

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Here’s a quick video that shows a peek at what we were working on last Saturday:

https://instagram.com/p/5EYcxCHSYk/

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I went back to Palm Springs over the weekend to finish up one of the pieces started at the show in July. It was a bit of a marathon session, I’ve never done an all nighter before. There were a few times that I nearly tapped out, but we got her done. Hova absolutely exceeded my very high expectations.

The picture isn’t great, it was hard to get a good picture and both of us were just too exhausted to keep trying. And she’s hella swollen. Her jawline is straight now that the swelling is gone. 🙂

https://instagram.com/p/7oPvtlnSZ6/

Oh, and wearing Tegaderm when it is 107 degrees with humidity over 40% sucks. A lot. And has to be replaced. A lot.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Nice! I added you on ig.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.