Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Harrisburg, PA will have it’s first annual Tattoo / Roller Derby convention on April 19, 20, & 21.

Check out Derby Ink Invitational, Harrisburg, PA (PA State Farm Show Complex)

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I will check it out from afar!

You guys have some sick talent over there!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@peterpoose 124646 wrote:

I will check it out from afar!

Alas, I didn’t win the lottery yet so I won’t be sending you air fare.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Do you have a link to said event?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 125560 wrote:

Do you have a link to said event?

» 717 Mechanicsburg, Anthony Zamora Derby Ink Invitational

See if this works.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I was surprised there will be some talented tattooists there. I love Halo’s work.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 125588 wrote:

I was surprised there will be some talented tattooists there. I love Halo’s work.

Not bad for a first attempt (so far). Harrisburg usually fucks things up royally. (current mayor Linda Thompson is a complete idiot)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Convention hours are: Noon till midnight Friday
    11:00 AM till midnight Saturday
    11:00 AM till 11:00 PM Sunday

This will be my first convention experience. I’m not expecting anything like I’ve heard about Philadelphia, Chicago, or Baltimore conventions. (We are Harrisburg afterall) But it should be fun.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

This started out like I expected: fucked up.
    I got there at 12:25 PM Doors weren’t open yet. (they were to open at 12:00 PM) I got a call from Anthony, my artist. He said to look him up when I got in. They opened at 12:30 PM.
    Anthony was originally told that he and his clients would be let in at 11:00 AM. He got in but his early client was not allowed in and he was waiting in line with me. This backed him up and my appointment got bumped to Sunday at 11:00 AM. No outside food vendors were allowed. I got fried chicken fingers and fries for $7.00, and $5.50 for a Yuengling Lager 12oz beer.
    I made the rounds and even chatted with most tattoo vendors and it only took 1.5 hours. I’m glad I got a discount because $35.00 for one day really sucks.

Halo’s booth was set up but when I left he wasn’t there yet. (Most likely he’ll be there Saturday and Sunday) (And no girls with painted boobs!)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

$35 really? Seattle show is probably about twice the size and they charge $20. Saturday is the day/evening to go

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 126395 wrote:

$35 really? Seattle show is probably about twice the size and they charge $20. Saturday is the day/evening to go

I’m quite sure the Seattle show is more than twice this size. I paid $80.00 for all three days. If I spent all three days there from open to close, I would know the intimate details of most vendors lives, and still have time for a $5.00 hot dog!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Well, It’s over.
    What a show. Typical of Harrisburg, there was NO publicity. I learned of this on THIS forum. The shop I go to every few weeks had NOTHING on this till February.
    The walk in price was $40.00! I only went back Sunday because I had bought tickets for all three days.
    I did meet some really good people. Halo, from Maryland was one of them. (He left on Saturday afternoon)
    Thank goodness that beer was available! I had one can of Yuengling Lager for only $5.50!

I did get my lightning bugs done though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.