Scroll
Participant
@scroll

I’m a convention virgin but am looking to go to Brighton in January. What’s the deal with getting tattooed on the day? Do artists take appointments in advance or do you just have to turn up and hope they can fit you in? I presume it varies from artist to artist?

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

It’s either or. If you know what artist is going to be their that you want work from your best bet is to give him/her a call and see if they need someone for the day. I find that when I go quiet a bit of artist are their looking for random people to work on unless they are entering a piece into one of the many contests then they usually have someone they know or are currently working on.

Cheers
marcus

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

To be honest always best to try and book in advance because many artists bring people with them or have somebody already lined up.

If you are lucky they might have a free spot but depends on the demands for the artist – I always say best to pre-book to guarantee you the artist you want.

Take Care
Matthew

chining
Participant
@chining

check out the artist review before you go.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

As ppl say.book in advance,although its a long day most artists have ppl lined up.may get lucky but it wud suck going all that way to one only to be told he/she hasnt got time. Also be prepaed for it to take longer to complete the work.when i had mine i was suprised at how many ppl would talk to the artist even tho he was wrking on a piece.

chining
Participant
@chining
taffupatree;75986 wrote:
As ppl say.book in advance,although its a long day most artists have ppl lined up.may get lucky but it wud suck going all that way to one only to be told he/she hasnt got time. Also be prepaed for it to take longer to complete the work.when i had mine i was suprised at how many ppl would talk to the artist even tho he was wrking on a piece.

I would tell the artist to shut up and focus on the work. We are not paying them to chat

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

The artist who was doing mine was a close personal friend and i was paying a fraction of what it shud of cist along with free entry to the event. Plus it took best black and grey,best colour and best in show.didbt begrudge him a bit of tlking.plus it was his first convention-new face an all that.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
chining;76001 wrote:
I would tell the artist to shut up and focus on the work. We are not paying them to chat

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get a nice, juicy cock tattooed on your back.

You know, by being one.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

F**king right….id show a bit more respect to the artist than that.you expect him to just sit there like a robot?

chining
Participant
@chining
taffupatree;76006 wrote:
F**king right….id show a bit more respect to the artist than that.you expect him to just sit there like a robot?

Maybe one day robot could do tattoo, then there will not be this kind of argument.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

That is true,but isnt that one point of forums like this? To have genuine disscusion bout such things? Have yiu ever seen the film starship troopers? Theres a scene in there with a laser/robot…very interesting idea

chining
Participant
@chining
taffupatree;76011 wrote:
That is true,but isnt that one point of forums like this? To have genuine disscusion bout such things? Have yiu ever seen the film starship troopers? Theres a scene in there with a laser/robot…very interesting idea

Sounds good, but laser is the gathering of high energy, it will just burn the skin, not ink. But that could be new type of tattoo, skin-burning tattoo

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

Yer i know a laser is an intensley focused beam of light. In the film thats wot they use,no ink etc. Maybe its wot the futre holds.mite be on youtube-the clip that is

ArniVidar
@arnividar
chining;76001 wrote:

So why are you in here, chatting, and not shutting up and working on ink designs?

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

I thought the point of a convention was for people to see your work in progress and chat about it and get together? Otherwise you might as well be in a tattoo shop. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.