Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

There is a show on Channel 4 about underage sex.
One of the girls on it has just been shown having a tattoo??
Too young for sex (less than 16) OK for a tattoo?!!??!!

Becsholleytattoo
Participant
@becsholleytattoo

That is bad form, naughty Channel Four!

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

under 16 and inked? Bad Parent/Guardian or neighborhood scratch artist

knarF
Participant
@knarf

I saw this.

Either that or Chanel 4 have actors…
Or she was having a realy strange injection.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I don’t know about the UK but in the US a person over 12 can get a tattoo or have sex with written parental consent. There are rules that vary from state to state but if a 15 year old girl goes in with their parent or guardian then can legally be tattooed.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

18+ dude.no exceptions

captured-ink
Participant
@captured-ink

That is really bad to do that! I know that people are doing things younger and younger but that really takes the biscuit.

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

Actually there is an exception.
The law is 18+ unless it is for medical reasons, done by a medical practitioner or by a person working under his direction.

The common misconception normally lies with body piercing though, where there is no legal minimum age however most respectable places won’t pierce under 16

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

I didnt know that.what would the reasons be for a tattoo under a medical prac’ guidence?

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Gsouder;71288 wrote:
I don’t know about the UK but in the US a person over 12 can get a tattoo or have sex with written parental consent. There are rules that vary from state to state but if a 15 year old girl goes in with their parent or guardian then can legally be tattooed.
taffupatree;76051 wrote:
18+ dude.no exceptions
PandorasJar;76353 wrote:
Actually there is an exception.
The law is 18+ unless it is for medical reasons, done by a medical practitioner or by a person working under his direction.

The common misconception normally lies with body piercing though, where there is no legal minimum age however most respectable places won’t pierce under 16

Just to clarify, it does go by the state here in the U.S. actually.The age is 18 in most states, however in most states you CAN in fact get a tattoo under that age with parental consent. For instance, in CA it is strictly 18+ no exceptions, however right next door in Nevada you can get work done under that age with parental consent. Gsouder was mostly correct, it just varies a by state.

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar
Apostle 228;76356 wrote:
Just to clarify, it does go by the state here in the U.S. actually.The age is 18 in most states, however in most states you CAN in fact get a tattoo under that age with parental consent. For instance, in CA it is strictly 18+ no exceptions, however right next door in Nevada you can get work done under that age with parental consent. Gsouder was mostly correct, it just varies a by state.

Aren’t we talking about a UK show here?
Over here it is 18+ unless for medical reasons.

Medical reasons can be a range of things. It’s for the medical practitioner to decide whether it’s reasonable or not.
It’s normally like medical cards/bracelets for instances where someone is unconscious and has a medical reason which would hasten treatment. First aiders are often trained to be aware of these. Heart conditions, diabetes etc. It’s not then a certainty, but gives you a very good heads up.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

Yer thats wot i thort.was trying to think of other reasons but thats the only one i could come up with. Who lets there kids get ink at 15?

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

If I had a kid with a medical condition, I would seriously consider it. The most common time for people to stop taking necessary medication and hide things like that is in their teens. They don’t carry medical cards or wear bracelets etc, if it meant getting a discreet tattoo that could save their life I would strongly consider it.
Other than that I’d tell them to wait.

Recently lots of underage girls on TV have been shown with tattoos (I’ve not noticed it on the lads) two that come to mind, Cher on X factor has a couple and nothing negative has been said about it and Miley Cyrus had at least one underage and had a lot of back lash for it.
When I was at school several people had tattoos, the only one I recall said “All ages welcome” and was tattooed well below the waistline when she was 14. She’s no longer a rebel and I can’t imagine ecstatic about the tattoo. I think it’s always better to wait as at that age you’re thinking short term not long.
L

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
PandorasJar;76358 wrote:
Aren’t we talking about a UK show here?
Over here it is 18+ unless for medical reasons.

Medical reasons can be a range of things. It’s for the medical practitioner to decide whether it’s reasonable or not.
It’s normally like medical cards/bracelets for instances where someone is unconscious and has a medical reason which would hasten treatment. First aiders are often trained to be aware of these. Heart conditions, diabetes etc. It’s not then a certainty, but gives you a very good heads up.

Ah, I thought we where talking about the U.S., my misunderstanding. :p

larz
Participant
@larz

whoa now, im still only 17 for a few more months, i have several tattoos, and i thought about all of them for atleast 6 months before i got them, my dad is a local artist, and very well respected. but i do believe that someone under 18 shouldnt be able to get something stupid. i dont think someone under 16 should be able to get inked at all just because the body moves and changes too much

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.