anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

@ArniVidar 120900 wrote:

I’m sorry metalman, but I don’t think the parenting bit is the issue here. Anyone caught tattooing an under-age person SHOULD be ousted, regardless of the reasons behind that ousting.
Kids at that age are almost always idiots that believe they know everything best (we’ve all been there), and will almost always regret their tattoo when they grow up.
Tattooists that tattoo kids, regardless of parental consent, should not be allowed to do business.

This. ^

FWIW, authoritarian parenting simply doesn’t work, but as far as this shop goes, I would have had him shutdown for the reasons stated above also.

And Wally’s work does indeed suck.

10h57cx.jpg

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

@ArniVidar 120900 wrote:

I’m sorry metalman, but I don’t think the parenting bit is the issue here. Anyone caught tattooing an under-age person SHOULD be ousted, regardless of the reasons behind that ousting.
Kids at that age are almost always idiots that believe they know everything best (we’ve all been there), and will almost always regret their tattoo when they grow up.
Tattooists that tattoo kids, regardless of parental consent, should not be allowed to do business.

I understand your point and agree. I still feel though that as a parent, I wouldn’t just focus on the shop as the fault here. But, to keep the tattoo industry from continued finger pointing and looking down upon feelings, it’s the bad ones that do need to be dealt with. So yes – tattooing someone underaged is 100% wrong, and the rest of the industry needs to take notice. And these shops must be made an example of.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 120900 wrote:

Kids at that age are almost always idiots that.

At 56 I still display idiotic tendencies.

Dipland
Participant
@dipland

@Vale55rie 120992 wrote:

I have tattoos and I love them, but my 16 year old should not have been inked

So, how many parents does this 16 year old have? Kraqr (male, Justin), I assume is the father. According to him, the mother was ok with this. Now, Vale55rie says “her” (I assume based on screen name) 16 year old should not have been inked.

And who is Rooster44?

And what ever happened with the shop, the 16 year old, and what is the tattoo?

Tune in tomorrow for these and more updates on As The Tattoo Turns.

It’s like a damn soap opera.

I am truly curious.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@Vale55rie 120992 wrote:

I have tattoos and I love them, but my 16 year old should not have been inked

@Dipland 120996 wrote:

So, how many parents does this 16 year old have?

Valerie was a pretty interesting bot. She actually copied/pasted text from/to relevant conversations, to pimp her posts and her ad-ware.

Amok
Participant
@amok

@Kraqr 120890 wrote:

Yes she was, as well as I could between her cussing me out with every word she knows. And she does care that this guy was shut down, as he is apparently a friend of her moms.
She is pissed at me, but I am used to that, that’s why she does not live with me, I don’t let her do just anything she wants , and her mother and step father do. She resents me for being a father, and I’m good with that, because when she matures an sees where her life went, then she will understand why I was the way I was . I might be wrong but I have been there, I did what I wanted to my whole life, now I’m 35 and a retail manager, not exactly the ideal job for my age. So I know where she is heading, an I try to do my best to prevent that. She deserves better in life then working at a gas station or Walmart.

I think you’re doing the right thing here, you are putting your daughter first even if that means she won’t talk to you. You probably stopped this guy tattooing another child. I hope one day your daughter comes around and realizes that you only want what’s best for her.

ponyboytattoos
Participant
@ponyboytattoos

I hope that doesn’t go unanswered for. Our industry is supposed to be more professional than that it gives tattooers a bad name. There’s always one money hungry person willing to do tattoos for a fraction of the cost on anyone who walks in. I’m sorry you had to go through that I hope she learned her lesson. This is an art, to be enjoyed by adults. And yes it’s the law this is America.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Smokin tattoos – 420 emporium Henrietta NY’ is closed to new replies.