rooster44
Participant
@rooster44

you’re quite mistaken, i don’t have any “crappy” tattoos, at least not in my opinion. everyone has their own opinion on what makes good art. it is my personal opinion that you are narrow minded and childish. what i thought was a discussion thread appears to be nothing but slander, so i choose to be the adult and remove myself from what seems to be a vidictive crusade

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

are you talking to yourself?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Kraqr,
You should post photos of your tattoos and her tattoo(s).

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

NO I wasnt talking to myself. There was a user by the name of Rooster44 that joined, came right to my thread and started telling me that a minor in NY can get tattooed with parents consent. .

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

if somebody want’s a tattoo just let them have a tattoo, 99% of people get tattoo’s done under age :S i got mine when i was 14. I know where your coming from saying it’s illegal but personally i don’t think 16 is a bad age for a tattoo if you want one bad enough, i know i certainly did.

And if where honest how many people stick 100% to the law anyway? in England it’s illegal for people to spit on the floor and chuck rubbish on the floor but people do it, It’s illegal to speed in your car but you still do it.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Well 99% of people are not my under age kid either right? So as a parent that had already told her to wait until she was 18, I believe I have a right to be pissed, and so do the tattoo shop owners, and artists that I have spoken to about this. It might not seem like much, but wait until its your kid.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

And by the way, I also had tattoos before I was 18, crappy home made ones that have since been covered. I wanted my daughter to learn from that. I also did not ask a professional artist to put his freedom and career on the line for mine. She knew what she was doing, I had already told her months ago that if he did it, I would press charges. And I am, and getting his name out there with other local shops help. Now he will face the charges, won’t be able to open another shop for 6 months to a year, and no shop around here will hire him, so…..do you think he made the right choice knowing what could happen to him?

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

As a parent myself I understand your anger and concern. I don’t necessarily disagree with your feelings and/or your attack on the shop. But I, as a parent, many times have had to stand back and look at myself in the mirror for things that my kids growing up did regardless of what I told them. No, my issues were never of getting something permanent on the body, but for a moment that’s irrelevant.

Who’s “wrong” here? Tha tattoo shop, the tattoo artist, your daughter, you (whether you admit it or not), and other people. My kids are grown up now (29 & 27), but in hindsight I look back and understand how I was accountable. Teaching a child to grow up in this world is difficult. Fighting peer pressure is difficult. Fighting a childs/teenagers mind is difficult. But when things happen it is done, and you then need to step back and survey.

I know nothing about you, your daughter, or anything about the incident other than your comments here. In my case would I do an all out assualt on the tattoo shop and artist? No. And why? Because as a parent I drew a line in the sand, and simply put that line is crossed when someone takes advantage of my kids and they are defenseless against it. It doesn’t sound like, based on your comments, that your daughter was strapped to a chair against her will and inked. She made a choice, right or wrong. No different than a child having sex and a baby at 15 (and that’s a lot worse than a tattoo). Attacking the shop to your level to me doesn’t necessarily serve a purpose. This is tattoos, and in this case it sounds like it was done at a shop and not scratched on a kitchen table (which would have been worse). And it sounds like she had her mother and/or others who went along with her decision. This is one of those parenting moments where it’s time to teach. Blast out the tattoo artist if you will, but to attempt to put someone out of business for this to me seems a little extreme. And are you discusiing this with your daughter and any other significant people in her life that “helped” make this happen? It sucks in your mind, yes. Is your daughter happy with her ink? Doesn’t make it right, but it’s an important thing to consider in the overall approach. Your relationship with your daughter (good or bad) is for life. Just make sure you are not dricing a stake into that relationship, instead work to preserve it.

Again, though, my comments above are what I would do in my bubble world IF I was faced with a similar situation.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Thank you, I understand different parents would handle this in a different way. But there also is A LOT more to this then the tattoos, I don’t want to get into the whole back story. Long story short, my kid has been raised to believe she can do what she wants, and talk to anyone any way she wants, including me and my whole side of the family, and she needs to learn that with her actions there is, and always will be consequences. I appreciate everyone’s input on this matter. But what is done, is done. The shop is closed down, the artist has very few friends in the tattoo community, and my daughter knows that it was her mothers and the artists fault, because they chose to do something illegal and against my wishes.

At first I was not going to go to the police about this, but this guy refuses to talk to me about it, and there is no talking to her mother parent to parent. I did what I had to do to get my point across. Thank you again for your input Metalmancpa, you made the most sense out of this then anyone else that replied.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Well I guess my comments are only in hindsight and retrospect then since what is done is done.

Let me ask you something now (rear view mirror look). What did closing the shop etc. teach your daughter. What point was made? Who was taught a lesson? You think your daughter cares that a tattoo shop was closed? Was she reprimanded?

Again, as you said, I know nothing of your situation, and every story has many tentacles. I just hope at the end of the day the clear point was made to those that matter.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Yes she was, as well as I could between her cussing me out with every word she knows. And she does care that this guy was shut down, as he is apparently a friend of her moms.
She is pissed at me, but I am used to that, that’s why she does not live with me, I don’t let her do just anything she wants , and her mother and step father do. She resents me for being a father, and I’m good with that, because when she matures an sees where her life went, then she will understand why I was the way I was . I might be wrong but I have been there, I did what I wanted to my whole life, now I’m 35 and a retail manager, not exactly the ideal job for my age. So I know where she is heading, an I try to do my best to prevent that. She deserves better in life then working at a gas station or Walmart.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I have 2 kids also (4 and 7) and if they got a tattoo while they were underage without TELLING me I would be livid also. I want them to tell me so I can guide them and make sure they don’t make the same mistake I did getting Crappy tattoos. I want them to have the best tattoo they can get.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

It’s obviously not my place to tell anyone else how to parent their children, because we each have our own set of circumstances, and each of our children are unique. We’ve developed parenting skills along the way based upon our surroundings. In this particular case I can only be an armchair quarterback to an event that already took place, and I can only give my opinion on what’s already happened.

I believe in my heart that acting out of revenge isn’t me, period. I am not out to hurt anyone unless it’s life threatening to me or my family. In this case, regardless of the error of the tattoo shop and artist, they probably got hurt the most, and the message seemed directed at them and not your daughter. Forgetting law here, the tattooist did nothing harmful or vindictive to your family. It was your daughter and the other interested parties that made the error, and the tattooist paid the price. That’s just not my style, but as I said, we all have our ways to conduct ourselves.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’m sorry metalman, but I don’t think the parenting bit is the issue here. Anyone caught tattooing an under-age person SHOULD be ousted, regardless of the reasons behind that ousting.
Kids at that age are almost always idiots that believe they know everything best (we’ve all been there), and will almost always regret their tattoo when they grow up.
Tattooists that tattoo kids, regardless of parental consent, should not be allowed to do business.

tool
Participant
@tool

@ArniVidar 120900 wrote:

I’m sorry metalman, but I don’t think the parenting bit is the issue here. Anyone caught tattooing an under-age person SHOULD be ousted, regardless of the reasons behind that ousting.
Kids at that age are almost always idiots that believe they know everything best (we’ve all been there), and will almost always regret their tattoo when they grow up.
Tattooists that tattoo kids, regardless of parental consent, should not be allowed to do business.

Agreed, if my kid came back with a shity tattoo, the closure of the tattooists shop would be the least of his worries.
They have a moral, nevermind legal, obligation not to tattoo minors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Smokin tattoos – 420 emporium Henrietta NY’ is closed to new replies.