poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

So, I’ve gotten to the point in my tattoos where the questions “What’s next?” isn’t as simple anymore. I’ve got tattoos on pretty much every bodypart, and too many ideas. But I’ve realized one mistake I made. I didn’t think about the potential of a damn back piece!!
    So, I have this lovely lady on my back, a tattoo I LOVE! It sure as hell isn’t going anywhere. But… I need to expand. I want to build on it, and make it a full back piece. But I’m so torn about WHAT and HOW!
    The artist who did this once recently posted a sketch of a rather large piece, which I recon size wise on a back would fit from one side of my back, extending all the way down the side and moving down to the front of my thigh.
    I loved the sketch, but it’s been taken and it wasn’t all my style. But it got me thinking. Maybe something CAN be incorporated into my back.
    I’m thinking maybe extending the flowers up towards the star, maybe even cover the star(first tattoo, lots and lots of meaning, but hey, you win some, you loose some), and maybe going for something Mucha inspired or… I don’t know. I need help. Open to ALL ideas and styles – I love mixing styles, so I don’t need to be one specific style. I do have some room; What’s left of my back, my ribs, and my right thigh is all open, so I figure it could turn into quite a big piece.

But yeah. Shoot! Anyone think they got some ideas to help me out? 🙂

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

This could easily be incorporated in to a stunning back piece 🙂

How about a Mexican themed back?

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@peterpoose 135526 wrote:

This could easily be incorporated in to a stunning back piece 🙂

How about a Mexican themed back?

A landscape piece of the border with a pack of people crossing it?

@Pox: the one with the woman and the clock?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@BertNaked 135527 wrote:

A landscape piece of the border with a pack of people crossing it?

@Pox: the one with the woman and the clock?

lol not quite what i had in mind 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@poxphobia 135525 wrote:

Sexy pose

Sorry to say but it looks a bit flat to me. Maybe get someone to go over her and give her some depth.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

This is inappropriate but the second photo gave me a woodford.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Amok 135542 wrote:

This is inappropriate but the second photo gave me a woodford.

I keep trying to come up with a tattoo suggestion but all I can think of is massaging her lovely back, neck, shoulders, oops, I have to go.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Oh you guys are so helpful….

Bert; yep, that’s the one!

peter; I’ve thought about it, but I kind of just want this piece of mexican art.. not an entire back. I should have at least been to Mexico first :p

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

About that girl David got for grabs, it won’t fit I think. First off it was drawn as a sleeve, and second; at this point it would be two girls on your back, so making something else flow with that would be hard.

That said… you should donate your back to Marius Meyer. He’d rock that negative space so hard.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

True. I was mostly thinking about the outlay of the design, it looked sort of like something that might work. And I love David and his work, but I’m not sure I’m willing to go through the pain hell it was getting my back done by him again… :p
    And Marius is supposed to be equally hard handed!! He is awesome, though. I know several artists who could easily make something work, I just need some more inspiration right now :p

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I love that piece of yours. Been debating about getting a Day of the Dead girl myself but I’m unsure about it as of yet. You’ve got plenty of room though to extend it but it’s definitely a tough thought as to what to incorporate with it. I know when I’m feeling stuck I go to my artist and see what sort of ideas he can come up with. He helped me with the hourglass on my inner arm so maybe get ideas from your artist? I’m horrible when it comes to ideas for other people.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I don’t really have “my artist”, because I always seek out different ones. Usually I have tons of ideas myself, but this one has been bugging me for a while!
    If anyone got pics of backpieces with some sort of similarity in placement/style what ever, I’d love to see them! Or just.. Anything. Haha!
    I might have to reach out to Sweden on this one… I’m thinking Mr Dist or Niki Norberg should be great choices of artists to continue on this little darling of mine.
    Would rather wait til I got my license though, so I could just easily drive down to them..

xanderx
    Participant
    @xanderx

how about giving her a body? might be challenging to build on the flower design blending in but I think it can be done.
    she looks bad ass and I imagine her in a sexy sitting / slouching position with a cigarette on her hand or something
    with the head’s position might mean she extends around your ribs though but i think would be a cool idea having it asynmetrically positioned
    anyway just an idea

tried to google some pics but this is the closest of her sitting position that comes to mind

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Good idea, but… no. I don’t want a full backpiece of a full woman figure… Haha, I had issues just getting a face tattooed on me, as I don’t really like portraits. Only reason I’m okay with it, is because it’s based on a painting. Also a factor; It is based on a painting, so I will not be changing the original imagine, or building on it in itself.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

The only thing I could think of is adding some sort of background behind her to where it goes from shoulder to shoulder. Like I said, regardless of who you get to do it, maybe ask for their opinions and ideas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.