Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I had a couple hour session today and I could have gone longer. The reason we stopped has to do with healing issues.

It seems that if I go much over three hours I develop issues while early in the healing process.

Note: my skin IS 57 years old.

Work done two weeks ago during a three hour session healed up with no issues at all. Prior, with longer sessions I developed the little white pimples, and had more scabbing. Granted the work was done in different locations with varying amounts of “cushion” under the skin.

Anybody out there have similar experience?

My tattoos come out fine but healing time has varied from three weeks to three months.:cool:

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Nope. I sit for as long as I can afford it every time.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I sit for as long as the artists wants. Shortest was 2 hours and longest was 6. I don’t recommend 6.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

My last session with Carlos Torres, he mentioned when we was about 12 hours in that my plasma was already starting to come out and skin starting to heal. He said I have good skin for tattooing but it didn’t make us stop lol

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I never push my body when it comes to wounds.

Longest session is 3.5 hours. I probably could have tolerated another hour, but it was in a fatty area. Pain, healing, and amount of tissue don’t seem as connected to me. My most painful tattoo was on my hip. It healed rapidly.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

My longest session was 10 hours. Sort of. Slept for about four hours and had some food in between hours 7 and 8. But kept going in the same area.
    It healed fine 🙂 No issues really. I usually do 5-6 hours sessions, depends on the placement. On my arm 5 hours feels like nothing at all. On my leg I did 5 hours last time, but I hadn’t really eaten in 3-4 hours before coming in, and the heat, humidity etc got to me. The tattoo itself went fine, but when I was standing up so he could take pictures, I almost passed out 😛 I felt it, so I just sat straight down and said “Dizzy! Sugar!”. That one did take about 3 weeks to heal, but I blame that on the ocean and sun.

Zorba
    Participant
    @zorba

@peterpoose 134668 wrote:

My last session with Carlos Torres, he mentioned when we was about 12 hours in that my plasma was already starting to come out and skin starting to heal. He said I have good skin for tattooing but it didn’t make us stop lol

Wow. 12 HOURS!! That’s hard on artist and client both! Salute!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I think it matters on the tattooists touch and technique. I had a 2.5 hour tattoo that was rough and healed bad. I’ve had 8 hours that healed fine.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Zorba 134676 wrote:

Wow. 12 HOURS!! That’s hard on artist and client both! Salute!

Well it ended up 19 hours on ribs lol

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I have had three sessions that were each between 7 and 8 hours, all with no problems healing. Before the first long one I always thought that I maxed out at about 3.5 hours but I have found that as long as I go in ready for a long sit I can go for at least that long. And I take snacks. The last two long sessions I felt like I could still keep going for a while, but the tattoo was done. So I really haven’t met my max. Yet.

All three long sessions were on my arm, so that’s kind of easy. I did tap out once at 1.5 hours on my waist, but it was part of a large piece requiring many sessions anyways.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I have an artist with light hands, but I’m a fucking baby who doesn’t like mild discomfort.

Now I’m scared with all the detail Barrett’s going to do. <_<

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I have to say Carlos is very light handed I could have gone on longer than the 19 hours but jet lag got to him which is understandable. I take my hat off to him for being able to concentrate and tattoo for that long 🙂

At the end of the day all I had to do was lie there lol

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

19 hours on the ribs is beast mode whether the artist is light handed or not lol…I sat for 5 or 6 hours on the ribs and my artist was fairly heavy handed. At the end, I was definitely ready to stop.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

When he started tattooing near my arm pit I felt like the heat went up about 10 degrees. He said that was my adrenaline kicking in.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Sam-I-Am 134691 wrote:

When he started tattooing near my arm pit I felt like the heat went up about 10 degrees. He said that was my adrenaline kicking in.

During my 2nd tattoo I was sitting backwards on a chair, leaning into the chair back. I had to ask for a piece of paper towel because I was sweating so badly that it was dripping off the tip of my nose onto the floor. At the time I thought that it was because the room was just kept hot. When I went back for the touch up on it I was hot in my car on the way there. After I arrived I realized that it was fear/adrenaline that was heating me up. I used to SHAKE when I tried to had them a picture for reference. These days I’m pretty cool calm and collected throughout the process, although I haven’t felt chilly or the need for a sweater during a tattoo so there is still probably some adrenaline pumping.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.