Plague
Participant
@plague

I’m thinking of getting a tattoo on my leg and it would wrap around the front of it. When I rub my leg, I can feel the shin bone right in the front. There is only a think layer of skin covering the shin bone and I was thinking that getting a tattoo that goes around the front of my leg it would be impossible to avoid hitting into that shin bone. How painful would that be? Any technique for avoiding that, such as pulling the skin over some so that the needle doesn’t strike the bone? I do not have any tats yet.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Why would this be a problem?

Plague
Participant
@plague

B/c i heard that hitting bone is more painful. I can imagine a needing going into my muscle, and I’m fine with that, but hitting the bone kinda seems like it would be extra painful. (especially the shin bone, which is more sensitive than other bones I believe) wasn’t sure if there is a technique to avoid doing that. but thanks for replying

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think you miss understand how the tattoo process works. the needles only go approximately half way through the skin so it won’t hit your bone. I have a lot of tattoo across my shin it hurt yes but tattoos hurt. Some of my most painful areas have lots of meat behind them. I have a tattoo that goes into my nipple now that hurt like hell. The amount of pain is related to how much nerves the area has in it not whether there is meat under it, now that being said getting tattooed is a little jarring because there is no meat to absorb the impact of the needle.

Plague
Participant
@plague

Ok, thanks for explaining. Yeah, I thought the needle was a bit longer. So, about how long would u say a needle is?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Typically the needles are about four inches long. Its not the length of the needles its the stroke of the needles and your artist will control how deep it penetrates your skin. really you don’t need to worry about this it is nothing. it hurts a little but that goes away.
Here is on I got across my shin from his ear on. I survived

Plague
Participant
@plague

Cool. THanks for ur help. HA…I thought I knew more than I do, but i”m learning!

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

my shin was one of the least painful areas on my leg, it was more like a tickle…………i have no idea why,,,,

but the calf hurt like hell……….and the anklel ????………you don’t want to know……:rolleyes:.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Tattoos hurt. Everywhere. It’s not a big deal. You’ll live through it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.