Atrocity79
Participant
@atrocity79

Hello everyone! I have an experience to share and some questions.

Up until recently I was scared of getting a tattoo. My sis talked me into getting a nautical star tattoo by our cousin since our cousin has been tattooing on her with great results. It seemed like to me that he improved a lot based on the work I’ve seen him perform and pics I’ve seen.

Well…..I finally caved! We found a nautical star I agreed to and transferred it to my upper forearm. He performed the outline and starting filling in the black first. Then he filled in the wrong side of the point and the tattoo was just ruined. I was very upset. I went into shock and just decided for him to fill it in solid black. I like the filled star BUT I wanted the nautical star. Oh well nothing I can do now.

Now for pic…..

Medium Sized Picture…..tattoo 4 days old.

mrcnyc.jpg

Large Sized Picture…..tattoo 4 days old.

http://i55.tinypic.com/ohin83.jpg%5B/CODE%5D

Now the questions…..I hope someone can answer.

The outline from the nautical star is clearly visible to me. Is that normal? Will these lines disappear over time?

The star is not in perfect shape as you can see in the pic. If I go to a pro tattoo shop can the fix the shape of the star?

Also it seems like it wasn’t filled in evenly with the black. Can that be fixed if I get it re-done?

Thanks in advance for anyones feedback. I’m in need of help because I want this tattoo to look better. I’m even considering getting another filled star (not by my cousin) on my other forearm just to balance this situation.[CODE]http://i55.tinypic.com/ohin83.jpg[/CODE]

Now the questions…..I hope someone can answer.

The outline from the nautical star is clearly visible to me. Is that normal? Will these lines disappear over time?

The star is not in perfect shape as you can see in the pic. If I go to a pro tattoo shop can the fix the shape of the star?

Also it seems like it wasn’t filled in evenly with the black. Can that be fixed if I get it re-done?

Thanks in advance for anyones feedback. I’m in need of help because I want this tattoo to look better. I’m even considering getting another filled star (not by my cousin) on my other forearm just to balance this situation.

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

WOW. Although worse has came into the shop, this is pretty rough. BUT hope is not all lost. Go to a shop…have an artist look at it (after it heals)….have the artist straighten it and fill it. Now, to be pleasing to the eye, so it doesn’t look homemade, I would think about a series of full color stars or a design, mabye even maori tribal (island tribal) that can be worked around the design. With the addition of something else, it will take the lonely black star and camoflage it into a pleasing design. PLEASE…tattoo shops are way more professional, and in that same sence, you know how bad it hurt, so chances are, the professional…wont be tattooing you like that. Good luck…think before you ink.

Atrocity79
Participant
@atrocity79

Thanks Brian for the feedback. I’ll definitely look into what you recommended.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

You got what you paid for.

Definitely get it covered up by a professional artist at an actual shop. You’ll provide beautiful hilarity for them to talk about when you leave.

Atrocity79
Participant
@atrocity79
Panthen;81372 wrote:
You got what you paid for.

Definitely get it covered up by a professional artist at an actual shop. You’ll provide beautiful hilarity for them to talk about when you leave.

Yeah I know. Now I regret it. I learned from my mistake. And I’m defnitely going to a pro once its healed properly.

Now I’m just unsure if I want to add on or just touch up what I got. I don’t want too much on my arm at all.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen
Brian@Inkbox;81368 wrote:
mabye even maori tribal (island tribal) that can be worked around the design.

Ugh, really? You’re saying that?
Maori isn’t island tribal, polynesian is closer to island tribal. Maori is New Zealand. Most Maori tattoos have a story and that’s what the designs are, they’re not just pretty swirls and koru. You’ll look like a complete pillock.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Let’s see these “great results” your sister has tattooed on her by this really talented cousin.
As you know, this star is a mess and sorry to say but that’s what you get. Was this done at a shop or a home? It’s also hard to tell (at least for me) exactly where the star is and how big it is. Wait until it’s healed or falls off or whatever and go see a real artist with cover skills but a black mess like that won’t be easy to cover. Maybe all of you can chip in for the laser treatments.

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox
Panthen;81374 wrote:
Ugh, really? You’re saying that?
Maori isn’t island tribal, polynesian is closer to island tribal. Maori is New Zealand. Most Maori tattoos have a story and that’s what the designs are, they’re not just pretty swirls and koru. You’ll look like a complete pillock.

lol, I understand where the maori comes from, bet here anything polynesian or such we call maori. Yes the story is the main design, but the pretty swirls and koru could do a lot to busy up a pitch black star. As long as the flow of the design gives an intended looking result, and the finished piece looks good, I doubt the average Joe on the street will question the meanings or authenticity of the piece. Mant of the newer designs are far from being authintic.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Just wondering if the OP could give an update on what ever happened with this tattoo….

Atrocity79
Participant
@atrocity79
jsimpson4;82420 wrote:
Just wondering if the OP could give an update on what ever happened with this tattoo….

I went to pro tattoo artist and he took a look at it and said for me to let it heal. Told him I originally wanted a nautical star but it got messed up by filling in the wrong point. So now that it’s healed it needs to be doe again because it’s not evenly filled in. I told him I wanted to line it up better fill it again.

For now I want the star filled in better and lined up. I can’t decide what to do from there. I didn’t want just a filled in star to begin with and now I don’t want another tattoo just to throw around it like the artist suggested. The artist asked if I liked “evil” or “demonic” stuff and I was like NO.

Any suggestions would be helpful?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Laser. It may cost money and take time, but you won’t have to settled for a mediocre tattoo that you don’t want.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

My question, are you 12? Jesus, you are acting like a little girl.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I haven’t read any of this post but holy fuck that is an awful fucking mess.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Yeah, that is pretty bad. If you really don’t think laser is an option, which would be the best one, maybe you could have him get the star looking better then add a beveled edge to it so that it isn’t just a plain black star. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. It’s the cross on my left wrist. This was my first ever tattoo. It was going to be a plain black cross but I added the beveled edge to it. If I had it to do all over again, I would have done something a little different. Oh well….a little late now.But it does get good compliments from those who like cross tattoos. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.