southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Well I have wanted a tattoo for many years, but have never been able to figure out what I want. Just recently I finally was able to come up with the design I want. I am pretty estatic! lol Then of course, had to figure out where I want it. With the size of the tattoo, there seems to be only one place that it would work. I am a little nervous about the placement though.

Well, my thought behind the placement is that it has to be in a place where I can cover if I need to cover it, but if I wanna show it off, I can. I have been thinking my back.

It’ll stretch from about where my back bra strap is (not the arm straps) down to about where the waistband of my pants sit(my lower back). The very bottom tip of it is going to sit below my waistband, I know that for a fact because of the size of the tattoo.

Then, I got kinda paranoid cause I don’t want it to look like a “tramp stamp”.

Basically, this is when I thought I’d join a tattoo community and chat with some folks and see what they have to say.

Would this look like a “tramp stamp” if I put it on my back where I am thinking of?

3448mt5.gif

This picture makes it look much smaller than it is actually going to be when I get the actual tattoo done. I shrunk the original picture by about 75% in order to make it fit into the forum here properly.

shredmx
Participant
@shredmx

i wouldn’t think it would be a tramp stamp because its not a symmetrical tribal like most people would think of as a tramp stamp, thats just my opinion though. i still think you should get it higher, or maybe up on of your shoulder blades, left or right upper back, i think would look good (keep it kind of small if you put it up there) basically i don’t think it would look like a tramp stamp, but i also think it would look better on your right shoulder blade, having the head looking in. keep it smaller then your original idea though and i think it will look good. let me know how ya do

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Thanks! lol

We tried it smaller and I wasn’t a big fan of it… 🙁

We tried it on both shoulder blades and it just doesn’t fit me right, like it looks odd and out of place. :confused:

The only place that is seemed to look good was the small of my back. It’s weird…Or maybe I’m just weird! 😮 bwahahaha

I still have a while though before I get it; so plenty of time to work it all out, plus I’ll talk to the artist who does it and see what he has to say.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.