fellowz
Participant
@fellowz

hey guys and gals,

ive got 3 tattoo’s and am wanting more, the biggest so far is my back piece which i love.

however ive been wanting a sleeve done for a while, the only problem is that i need help finding ideas that go with the tattoo i have, i would concider a cover up if i cant think or are happy with the theme thats been designed, the tattoo i have is a transformers decepticon logo wich was done 2 years ago.

Picture205.jpg

now i dont really want a transformers themed sleeve but dont get me wrong i love them.
ive tried thinking of various sleeve ideas ranging from city ruins on fire with the flames stopping just below the logo, but then i have nothing to carry on upwards, i was also thinking of a mix of various other tattoo’s and mesh them into one but i am worried it will look a little lame.

id like some sort of theme but it looks like im going to have to coverup this one, i have the autobots logo on the other arm and it would feel a little left out unless i do another sleeve to cover that up too.

any help would be greatly appreciated, ive racked my brain for months on this, i have yet to speak to an artist becasue i dont have a clue what i really want, ive asked friends and family about the subject but ive not had any ideas i want to put on paper, so if you have any ideas please help me.

cheers

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Oh boy you just opened the flood gates on this one. Transformers? Autobots? Decepticons? What are you twelve? This is why people should not be allowed to get tattooed until they are 30! The tat you have is poorly done the mask points are not symmetrical, the line work is ameture at best, and the shading is bad/incomplete. Even the eyes are different size.
See this image:

Does that crappy tat look anything like the actual logo? I don’t think Megatron would be caught dead with that tat on his arm.

You can probably see where I stand on this. Get it covered. Find a real artist.

Disclaimer:
Take what is said here with a grain of salt, because opinions are like assholes and we all have them and they all stink.

Can’t wiat to see what Arni says…

fellowz
Participant
@fellowz

well thanks for that, cant you see why ive been wanting to change it up? trust me this was something i done a few years ago on impulse so dont go mouthing off about it i came here for advice not to be subjected to to abuse for having tattoo’s people have whatever tattoo they want, i like transformers as i grew up on the show, that was my childhood. then the films came out and i enjoyed them so i decided to get inked. i agree it wasnt the best of moves but alot of people do it.

fair enough we all got opinions but as a new member i wasnt expecting to be abused like this just by asking a simple question, i need adivce not abuse thanks

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Im not sure where you can go with the logos but im sure a talented artist could work it into a biomech sleeve or cover it up in a biomech style?

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Jeeze I didn’t mean to make you cry.
I’m just glad you didn’t grow up on Carebears.
I got a tattoo that I got when I was younger and less patient (tribal and if you check some of my posts here, I bash tribal designs more than transformers), we all make mistakes and the point I was trying to make is to not bother with adding to an already crappy design and have a talented artist fix your arms. If you have them lightened with laser, the sky is the limit. You will, for the most part, always get negative feedback on any kind of Logo tattoo from a childs cartoon or band logos or whatever. Theres no creativity there.
Think of it like this:
When deciding on a tattoo put yourself 30 years down the road and your grand child asks you “Granpa whats that tattoo on your arm?”
“Well little Johnny, that is a Deceptacon wihch was a really cool cartoon when I was kid”

ArniVidar
@arnividar
xxTOPDOGxx;74178 wrote:
Jeeze I didn’t mean to make you cry.
xxTOPDOGxx;74136 wrote:
Can’t wiat to see what Arni says…

Okay… here it is: How about you take a chill pill and stop being horrible and obnoxious to every single person who posts in here with a tattoo not to your liking. Too many of your recent posts have been extremely negative and hurtful to the newcomers. Speaking your mind is one thing, taking a shit on their face and then shoveling it down their throat afterward is a different matter.

fellowz;74132 wrote:
the tattoo i have is a transformers decepticon logo wich was done 2 years ago.

i have the autobots logo on the other arm and it would feel a little left out unless i do another sleeve to cover that up too.

I am a cartoon fanatic and a transformers fan (He-Man and Transformers are THE stuff of my youth), so I’m very glad to see a full Transformers logo as a tattoo, and I’d love to see it’s counterpart. You’ve even given me more ideas for my proposed cartoon-based leg-sleeve. That being said, I agree with TopDog that it is really uneven, and personally I would never attempt to add to it. Since the middle-part is the darkest, and also the most in need of fixing, I really can’t see how you could ever salvage that thing. It doesn’t seem to be poorly inked, by the way, but whoever drew that logo must have been really drunk to manage all this mayhem on a fairly simple design. Despite not being able to draw freehand to save my life, even I could manage better with a simple ruler and a sharpie.

What you can do, however, depends on what you’re willing to spend on it. As TopDog says, lasering will be the best way if you intend to completely change concepts and want to maintain a fairly light tattoo afterward, but if you want to go much darker and/or are unwilling to waste money and experience pain for the removal, you’ll have that much harder a task at choosing the cover-up material. It would be better to see a pic of your whole arm (shoulder to fingers) to better judge how large it is and what might be done around it, but all the same you may need to ponder the laser concept a bit.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
xxTOPDOGxx;74178 wrote:
I’m just glad you didn’t grow up on Carebears.

You HAVE been kind of a dick recently but this line cracked me up!

I think both these guys have a point. It’s not great work and you want to get something nice now. Unfortunately the only way to cover up a dark tat like that is with laser treatment to lighten it up. So, now you are talking about getting it lasered a couple of times (500-1Kish depending on where you live) and then finding a talented artist to put some real ink on your skin (1K-whatever you want to spend). Are you ready for that kind of commitment?

If so, and you really like the transformers so much, you could probably make a ridiculously cool transformers sleeve out of this. Something along the lines of a battle between two transformers, one on your lower arm fighting one on your upper arm. A REALLY good artist will KILL this idea! But you have a lot of steps between here and there.

Welcome to the forum, we are a bunch of opinionated assholes here but hopefully you’ll find that we aren’t all going to attack you.

Dice
Participant
@dice

I say, MAN UP,

get someonething that is good too look at

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.