SHENTON
Participant
@shenton

Hi, my first post.
I’ve been thinking of getting this done for around 16-18 months now and i think it’s time to get it done.

I want a tattoo of a tribal-type wolf such as this: stock-vector-vector-image-of-tribal-wolf-tattoo-35254348.jpg

Or this: stock-vector-wolf-vector-illustration-6763807.jpg

With my surname ‘SHENTON’ incorporated in some way. Like in the above photo instead of ‘WOLF’ it would have my name.

I want this tatto (i don’t know the exact name if there is one for this) down the side of my hand, on the side of my little finger.

like the position this one is in or maybe a little further near the wrist: hand%20tattoo.jpg_thumb.jpg
THIS ISNT ME HAND THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

Is this possible? and for what amount of money would I be looking to spend?
Also I’m from Leicester / East Midlands / England … any reccomendations of tattoo shops here?

Thanks!
Lee

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383

I hate tribal, but somehow I dont hate the first wolf. I kinda like it.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Its definitely doable, might have to be in a different spot though. Side of the hand is a pretty small area to work worth, and youve got some detail to worry about in those 2 pics. Really though, these are questions you should be asking an artist in person.

SHENTON
Participant
@shenton
Ross_W;70559 wrote:
Its definitely doable, might have to be in a different spot though. Side of the hand is a pretty small area to work worth, and youve got some detail to worry about in those 2 pics. Really though, these are questions you should be asking an artist in person.

Ok, thanks for the reply, I was just getting an early insight into ‘is it even worth asking’..

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

do you own a wolf shirt?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Looks like it’s going to be in the 95 dollar to the 25,500 dollar price range.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Lee

To be blunt to do either tattoo justice and so that it does not become a blurry mess the side of your hand is simply not going to be big or wide enough.

To fit it on will make it look like a stick figure or will simply blur into a blob with no detail.

You need a much bigger area of the body chest/arm/leg.

For a simple design as shown in the pic the artist will charge base minimum £50-£80 but many artist dislike hand tattoos and may quote double that to put you off or refuse outright.

The design you want for it to work would have to be around 4-6 inches lone and about 3 inches wide at least for proper detail.

It would be around 2-3 hours at that size so pack away £200-£250 (prob see chnage) for a decent artist if you decide to go for the bigger version.

Take Care
Matthew

SHENTON
Participant
@shenton
Sherav;70641 wrote:
Hi Lee

To be blunt to do either tattoo justice and so that it does not become a blurry mess the side of your hand is simply not going to be big or wide enough.

To fit it on will make it look like a stick figure or will simply blur into a blob with no detail.

You need a much bigger area of the body chest/arm/leg.

For a simple design as shown in the pic the artist will charge base minimum £50-£80 but many artist dislike hand tattoos and may quote double that to put you off or refuse outright.

The design you want for it to work would have to be around 4-6 inches lone and about 3 inches wide at least for proper detail.

It would be around 2-3 hours at that size so pack away £200-£250 (prob see chnage) for a decent artist if you decide to go for the bigger version.

Take Care
Matthew

Thank you for a very helpfull answer unlike someone above you who for what I can see is a idiot.

Thanks Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.