Mantis Scream
Participant
@mantis-scream

I’m planning on getting one on my upper arm, but I have a question, Is hair removal necessary?
That part of my arm is not what you’d call “hairy” but there are quite a few dark wiry hairs growing on it (I think I might be evolving these so I know when I can fit through doorways) is it necessary/a good idea to have these removed? If yes is it worth it to go to a hair removal place or is there a good do it yourself method? Is there anything else I need to think of before I get my tattoo?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The tattoo artist shaves you himself, and they generally don’t want you shaving beforehand.

However, I plan on getting waxed a few days before my next tattoo (it takes a few days for the skin to stop being sore) because I’m so very hairy and my theory is that the hair growth ruins my tats if it’s only shaved. (the stubble comes through the new ink and creates ‘holes’ in it.)

But that might just be pure bullshit.. I always sucked at biology 🙂

fa3d3
Participant
@fa3d3

I follow your way to think, but the fact is that you peirce the skin, and placing color under the skin, and i dont think that it’s possible to push the color out with hair growth :S

my point is that i think it doesn’t matter if you wax it, or shave it 😀

if you finde out anything else, i’m open for oppinions 😀

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

You’re talking about laser hair removal, right?
If so you definitely don’t need to get that done.
Your artist will (as stated) shave you immediately prior to working on you.

The only problem with hair in a tattooed area is it hides your ink.
But after you are completely healed, shaving over a tattoo is fine as long as you’re careful not to cut yourself.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
fa3d3;66931 wrote:
I follow your way to think, but the fact is that you peirce the skin, and placing color under the skin, and i dont think that it’s possible to push the color out with hair growth :S

Hmm.. you may be right. I have no idea which dermis holds the ink. This pic shows that the hairs go really deep though..

8912.jpg

Mantis Scream
Participant
@mantis-scream
Jubakuba;66940 wrote:
You’re talking about laser hair removal, right?

No I think waxing/plucking is superior to shaving though, is it better to get that done professionally or do it your self.

fa3d3
Participant
@fa3d3

The color will go into the Dermis, at least
again i don’t think that the hair can push out the ink.

the ink will color the dermis skin, i doesn’t lie in liquid form under the top skin.

if the hair does anything i grow through the colored skin.

i don’t quite know if it make any sense.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.