Zeke1515
Participant
@zeke1515

Hey, I’m a 21 year old asian male looking to get my first tattoo.

I am thinking about getting the words PURA VIDA on my side ribs, but wasn’t sure if I should do it vertically or horizontally.

I think I am leaning toward vertical and all caps, but I haven’t seen too many tattoos like that so I was hopin to get some input.
Either Pura Vida horizontally on ribs
Pura Vida horizontally down ribs
or vertical like
P
U
R
A

I am also very stuck trying to figure out what font I want. I like old english because it looks cool, but I don’t really want to have the prison look. I also like the manga font, but I’m still not sure.

Direct translation of Pura Vida is “Pure Life”, but it has many other meanings. I take it as living life the way you want to… to be pure to yourself in a sense. Does anyone have a good font that might match this meaning? nothing too feminine please.

Any comments are appreciated… thanks guys

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i would have it horizontally and in a fancy script .
i would stay away from old english as it will look very dated ! everyone went mad on it in the 90’s

now i would go and do an intro before someone jumps down your neck for not doing one :rolleyes:

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

i personally dont like it vertical like you described. Doesnt seem.. “right”. Definitely go horizontal.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i would say definately horizontal….. and i look forward to reading your intro 😉

Zeke1515
Participant
@zeke1515

Hey sorry didn’t know about the whole intro thing. Just posted it. Thanks for the help so far. Hoping to get some more as well as get some input on fonts

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Another vote for horizontal. I’m thinking some type of script. If you become as addicted as most of us, you will want to add to it. There are a lot of options for adding to a nice script

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

yeah whatever you do, dont assume that will be that for tattoos in that area, make sure you can fit it into something, have a think about it, but as has already been said old english is very common, chippy stuff

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

also you didn’t say which type of font, like classical or rock n roll or what, so im not sure what font to throw in there to ya, PERSONALLY – i like shelley allegro script font, it goes a little somethin like this…http://www.identifont.com/samples/adobe/ShelleyScriptAllegro.gif very nice and rare i havent seen it on a tattoo really, or if i have i havent noticed, its a nice font.

Zeke1515
Participant
@zeke1515

nice i like that script allegro font a lot… thanks a lot man

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i drew up with this if its any good for you

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well thats the sort of thing i had pictured 😎

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Me too Butterfly Kisses, i always think this sort of script seems like time has been taken with it, also it is the type of script that can be added to at a later date. What did you eventually decide on script wise and are you going horizontal or vertical?

Zeke1515
Participant
@zeke1515

Wowowow Outlaw that’s awesome…

Thanks a lot for the help everyone… I’m definitely gonna go horizontal somewhere in the middle side of my ribs to leave room for adding on.

Gonna start off simple so gonna go with that script allegro or Outlaw’s font without the underlines. Not gonna be able to get it till this spring because of money issues, but I’m glad I finally figured out what I want… Thanks again guys

SimplyComplex
Participant
@simplycomplex
Outlaw;57942 wrote:
i drew up with this if its any good for you

Wow, I really like that!! I’ve thought about getting a script one maybe sometime in the future but never seen a font I really like before…

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
SimplyComplex;58654 wrote:
Wow, I really like that!! I’ve thought about getting a script one maybe sometime in the future but never seen a font I really like before…

if you want me to draw it up then let me know what you want 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.