NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw

scarlet –

my advice would be to just tough it out. taking pain killers thins out your blood and will possibly increase bleeding while being tattooed. (also potential for a lower quality tat)

tattoos hurt.. but the pain makes them so much more gratifying when they’re done, doesn’t it?

my longest session was 7 hours and it was unfuckingbelivably painful.. but it was completely worth it when i saw the finished product.

to be blunt, 3 hours isn’t much.. and women have a higher pain tolerance than men anyways. have some guts 🙂

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

For gods sake just get the damn thing done!!!!!!! Yes they hurt! But the pain is worth it if you have a nice piece of work at the end…… Ive lost count of how many newbies ive tattooed lately who were all shitting themselves beforehand. They all want more, bar for the exception of one who will never get another tattoo again mwahahahaha

d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

OOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAY!

we’ll see in 20 days, that’s when i have the appointment…

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

hehehehe good! counting down the days for when you post up your experience:D

prcdpnthr
    Participant
    @prcdpnthr

No Pain, No Stain. We can go through childbirth, we can take a tattoo! (well I got drugs for my delivery, but that’s besides the point). I had a tat done on my foot, the artist rubbed it down with the stuff the dentist uses before he gives the novacaine shot. I don’t know that it helped, the pain was so bad, and once the pain got to a certain point, my body naturally turns it off, but then my leg muscles started jumping like crazy from the shock, I guess. The rest of my tats were completely drug free, and weren’t nearly as painful!
    I have to psych myself out, I imagine it will be the worst pain ever, and when I get the tat, it’s not as bad as I imagined it would be! (even on my foot) Anyhow, if the pain is too much for you to sit for 3 hours, get the outline done, then break up the session, most shops will work with you. Only downfall is you will have to wait till you heal before you get more done, and outline is the worst of it anyway. Good Luck!!! I have faith in you, you can handle this!

tiffanyj
    Participant
    @tiffanyj

I have taken vicodin and it did not work as well as ibuprofen 600. Ibuprofen is more for that sort of pain and swelling and no narcotic while getting tattooed is a good thing.

imakedrawings
    Participant
    @imakedrawings

honestly, going through the pain of a tattoo to me is like earning a patch in boyscouts or something like that.

after all, a couple hours of pain for a lifetime of beauty. sounds like a good trade-off to me!
    but seriously, marijuana.if you do smoke, DO NOT smoke before you r appointment. ive made that mistake once…it amplified the pain like crazy. But smoking afterwards, no pain whatsoever, besides thats when a tattoo hurts the most, after all the endorphins(sp?) have worn off.

thats illegal way to cure tattoo pains. haha

i dont fuck around with perscription anything…too scary.
    strictly herbal for me, my friends.

sorrowlovesEmilie
    Participant
    @sorrowlovesemilie

I’m having a MF huge rib piece done ( as a first tattoo) and my artist suggested buying a decent tube of numbing cream which they will apply correctly an hour before I have my tattoo, it probs wont stop the pain altogether but it might take the edge off,soz if this replies a bit late lol, but might help someone else….
    and I wouldnt bother except im having alot of outlining done and judging by the guys face when i said ‘on my ribs’ Im gonna take their advice,lol.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The stuff you are looking for is lidocaine and the strongest solution is around 5% that said you will need to keep the area covered whilst the topical anesthetic works.

Do not use if you are an asthma sufferer!

Also bear in mind that only lasts around 45 mins to an hour then the soreness will kick in straight away.

Be prepared for it and good luck with your tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

mmmm, i did a girls ribs and side the other day, i must say i almost felt her pain!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.